Chapter 1 - The Best Of Lucky

Songs -

Say Something - A Great Big World

Pompeii - Bastille

How To Save A Life - The Frey

Best Day Of My Life - American Authors

Summer - Calvin Harris

Human - Christina Perri

(Not all of them but the ones I listened to the most)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilah POV -

I open my eyes to see light just starting to pour into my room through the window. It's 5:00am on a Monday, god I hate Mondays. I get up dragging a brush through my long wavy brown hair and pulling it back into a loose ponytail. I throw on a top, some shorts, and my Nike's before grabbing my iPod and ear buds. I quietly go down the stairs, not to wake anyone up and grab a water ball but not before Lucky, my giant Saint Bernard, comes thudding into the kitchen to say good morning. I'm not fooled by him licking my leg, I know all he wants is food, so I pour him some dog food and head out the door.

I click shuffle on my iPod before putting my ear buds in and hearing Don't Stop by 5 Seconds Of Summer while I run down the driveway and head towards the beach. I get into my zone and am totally oblivious to anything besides the now rising sun in the distance, making the sky light up in beauty. The sun rise never gets old considering I moved here, California, from Texas, where there are no beaches to admire the sun from. My feet pad softly against the warm sand as I keep running. I slow down, sitting on the sand, not minding the roughness of it, and take a sip of water, letting it run down my throat, cooling me off. I slowly stand up and head back home so I can take a shower before school starts.

As I walk into the house, loving the feel of the air conditioning, I see my dad in the kitchen making coffee.

"I'll save you some for after your shower" my dad says pouring himself a cup and sitting down.

"Thanks" I say sitting my water bottle down

"Good run?" he asks

"Yep" I say while jogging up the steps to my room

This was my everyday schedule, we were use to it. I strip out if my clothes and head to the shower. Once I was done I throw on some skinny jeans, an American Eagle T-shirt, and a pair of flip flops. Brushing my hair and leaving it down, but putting a hair-tie on my wrist just on case. I gather up everything into my back pack and slip my phone in my back pack. I head back downstairs grabbing my cross country practice bag from the bottom of the stairs and bring it with me to the kitchen. Where I pour myself some coffee, grab a muffin and sitting down enjoying the five minutes of peace before I head to school.

I hear a car honk form out front and I head outside yelling a goodbye to my parents on my way out. I hop into the car and am greeted by my best friend since I moved, Grace Star.

"Hey, want to come over to my house after school"

"I have practice.......but I bet you wouldn't mind staying and watching all the hot guys run around."

"How did you know" Grace said laughing

"I'll text my parents to make sure its okay" I respond

We arrive at the school, grab our bags and hop out of the car. We walk to our lockers which were thankfully close to each other, saying hi to a couple people on the way there. I just remembered that I have another test today, why did I think it was smart to take all honor classes? I groan without realizing it and Grace looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Test today"

"What?  Oh yeah......crap!"

"At least I studied a couple days ago"

"I'm stuck studying during homeroom"

"I'll help you"  I say as we walk off with our books.

The day passed rather quickly, the normal drama of high school. I was changing while Grace was rambling on about some new kid that should be starting school this week, whatever. Once I was done I jogged to the track while Grace headed to the bleachers pretending to start on home work. The team was mostly guys but I didn't mind, our team was like a family. I was about to throw my bag on the ground when my phone buzzed.

*Sure, be home by 10*

*Thanks, see you later*

After two hours of our coach trying to kill us, I gulped down my Gatorade and joined Grace at the bleachers. I tried to hug her playfully but she just shrieked that I was all sweaty before dragging me to the car so we could get frozen yogurt. We both are obsessed with this frozen yogurt place and use any excuse we can to go there, our excuse this time is to cool off, not that bad of an excuse in my opinion.

After eating way more frozen yogurt then we probably should we headed to her house where were greeted by Daisy, her Pug that was just so adorable. We slid off her shoes and headed to her room saying hi to her mom on the way up who was already cooking dinner. I plopped down on a bean bag chair while Grace sat on her bed. We switched between attempting the math home work, watching YouTube videos and talking about random stuff until it was time to go home.

When I got home my parents were sitting down on the couch in the

living room, never a good sign. Then I noticed that I wasn't greeted by Lucky my dog like normal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, thanks for reading and let me know what you think. And don't worry, next chapter will be much more interesting and you'll find out about Lucky (notice the title of this chapter) and what her parents have to say. Leave a comment about what you think they will say, if you get it eight the next chapter will be dedicated to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character list -

Lilah Moon - Main character, 17 year old girl

Grace Star - Lilah's best friend, 17 year old girl