Chapter 5

The new room was more of another dimension than anything Cassie expected.   The place was exactly like Mortem's house except- hot.  Everything was on fire, and screams droned constantly.  Every single one of the hourglasses on the shelves had all of the sand in the bottom bulb.

Cassie rubbed her head.  The fall down the staircase lasted much longer than the staircase on Mount Niesen.  She winced at the pain caused by Luggage's bite.  

"Why hello, Little Gi~rl~"  The voice came out like a croak of a frog with a snake's tongue.

Cassie noticed a large desk (on fire).  Tall stacks of books stood so high, they could've decided to scrape the burning chandeliers that had ink-black candles.  She noticed that the ugliest creature she could ever remember sat behind the desk of embers.

He was a shade of maroon and ruby.  His horns poked out from behind his ears, curving like a ram's.  His eyes were darker than the sockets of Death, yet they still had bright orange stars buried deep into his inky pupils.  He tapped his curved nails on the wooden (burning) table, as he used his sixth arm to pull out a book from the stack.  When he spoke, his tongue rolled out, revealing his rotten teeth.  

"Who are you?"  Cassie backed away from the figure.

The figure kept silent.  He just kept flipping the pages of his book, peering back up to her frequently.  He slammed his book shut, "You don't belong here."

Cassie took a deep breath, trying to tough out the smell of fish, wet dog, and propane.  "Where am I?"

"Hell."

WHAT?  Cassie clasped her hands over her head.  She just spoke reaper.

The creature squinted his eyes at her.  "You're not human," his moldy tongue bobbled.

"Yes I-" AM!  Cassie's skull began to throb.  She tried not to swat her hair out of her face, fearing that it would only make matters worse.

It cocked its head, "How the heavens did you get here?"

"I" FELL "Down a staircase."

It nodded, "Oh.  I guess that was just an accident."  The creature pulled out his phone to scroll through *ahem* stuff.

Cassie continued to stand there.  She finally gave in, "how can I get out of here?"

It looked at Cassie, "I totally do not beg your pardon?"

"How do you get out of here?"

The creature slept on the question.  "Terrorizing worms from heaven, Girl!  You don't even know that once you're here, you're for eternity?"

Cassie dropped her jaw.  The creature shrugged, and it went back to studying its phone, grinning at disturbing images.

Over the sun, and passed the moon stood these phantoms.  They appeared as hooded monks, except simple to see through.  They were called the Auditors of Reality.

One appeared into the group.  He seemed shorter and a bit chubbier.  He said, He is still alive.

Another one looked at him, What do you mean?  He asked.

He is still alive, he said once again.

One said, but he can't be.

The cubby one said again, he is still alive.

One said, that's just bull💀!

One said, that's impossible!  If he's dead he's dead!

He shouted, 💀!  You guys are so annoying!  He's alive!  Reapers are always frogging alive!  Finally, he vanished.

The group let out a laugh.

Cassie leaned back in the hottest chair EVER!  She tried to resist the sensation of the sizzling of her back.

SKITTER SKITTER SKITTER!

She recognized the noise immediately.  It caused her ankle to throb again. 

SKITTER SKITTER SKITTER!

The creature turned his (what must be) his head over at the noise's direction.  "Oh no... It's HIM!"

"What?"  Cassie couldn't help but ask.  The creature done already escaped, it's pointed tail turned a corner.

Cassie noticed Luggage somehow ran into hell.  It searched around for something.  When it turned towards Cassie, it ran towards her, it's trunk-

Open.