Chapter 1

Revealing

He was sitting in the cell twiddling his thumbs when a massive imposing man walked over to him. The man wore a bulletproof vest even though there was no need for it. A pistol was clipped to his belt.

"It's time," He said. Click, the door unlocked and handcuffs were put on Murray's wrists. The man tightened it until he couldn't anymore. Murray winced in pain. I'm not even out of my cell and they're already torturing me, Murray thought as the guard walked out, dragging Murray with him.

The man led him through a labyrinth of halls and cells. He produced a blindfold from his pocket, placed it over Murray's eyes, and threw him into a cold room. There, his blindfold was taken off and he was given the chance to get a good look at his surroundings.

The cell looked and felt like a medieval dungeon. The roof was made out of rotting wood and the floor was as moldy as a piece of spoiled cheese. The walls were covered with tools of torture. The man pulled out and iron spike and placed it to Murray's face. Then he pretended to think.

"Hmmm. Do you think this one is sharp enough?" the man questioned, with a smile on his face.

However terrible he was at acting, Murray didn't notice it. He was just too scared. The man blindfolded him a second time and led him through another set of hallways and rooms. When he was done, he took off the blindfold.

Murray was in a much, much nicer room now. It looked like a modern waiting room in a skyscraper downtown. It reminded him of the rec hall in SPYDER's headquarters. The furniture was magnificent, as was the computer that was seated in front of him. A different man emerged from the door. He was dressed casually. He looked more like an average Joe than an executor. Maybe they aren't going to kill me, Murray thought.

"Hi Murray," He said in an animated tone, "My name is Agent Jeffery and today I will be your questioner. So, I understand that you have been a problem for the CIA for some time now and that you're a whole bunch of trouble. This is where I come in, you could make the rest of your life a whole lot more bearable if you just answer these simple questions," continued Agent Jeffery with a smile.

Murray thought for a bit. He could act like he didn't know anything. But then again, SPYDER couldn't save him now. He waited a few seconds before answering.

"Ok, fine. But what's in it for me?" He asked. Agent Jeffery smiled, he had anticipated this answer.

"Well, you could spend the rest of your life in a max security prison. But, you could also spend 30 years in a prison, then live out the rest of your life in the witness protection program. At least you won't die here. That is... if you answer our questions."

Murray pondered this for a moment. It was a good deal, and there was nothing anyone but the CIA could do for him now. Yet, he didn't want to break down and sell out the organization he was working for all these years...

But he did it anyway. He didn't want to rot in a prison for the rest of his life, and besides, if he didn't do it the easy way, then the CIA would do it the hard way.

"Fine" Murray reluctantly answered.

"Alright then. Let's get started" Jeffery got his notes together and then began.

"Murray Hill, The CIA has given you a special-" Jeffery began.

"Listen," Murray cut in, "Enough talk already, I've got better things to do."

"Like what?"

"Uh..."

"Exactly." Jeffery looked down at his notes and cleared his throat. "So, how long has SPYDER been operating for?"