Chapter 9

"Betty Cooper, I will always love you. And I will now always love this baby." Sweet Pea's eyes started to water. He wiped his tears on his old serpent jacket.
"You can't cry," Betty wiped her eyes, "cause then I'll cry even more." Sweet Pea laughed.
"We're having a baby!" Sweet Pea was beaming. "I'm gonna be a dad!" Tears streamed down Betty's face. "Babe..." Sweet Pea pulled her to his chest.
"I'm not ready to be a mother. I can barely handle Polly's twins and they're not even mine." Betty cried.
"Hey," Sweet Pea looked into her eyes, "you are going to be the best mom. Polly's doing this by herself, you were the only one there for her. I'm gonna be here for you." Sweet Pea kissed her forehead. Betty smiled and cuddled up to him.
"I love you, Sweet Pea."
"Betty Cooper, I love you."
And the same place where so many horrors had filled Betty's life, the place her father tried to kill her, the place Jughead had left her, the place her mom died, she also learned her life would forever be better.

Toni had almost fallen asleep when Archie started to stir.
"Toni?" He croaked. Toni jumped up and hurried over to the table.
"Archie, you sacred the shit out of me. Never do that again." Archie chuckled. His smile fell for a second. "What?" He looked up at her with a nervous grin.
"I love you." Toni felt the world slow as she slowly leaned down and kissed him. He grazed her cheek with his hand and then softly held her face. When they finally broke apart, he smiled up at her.
"I love you, too, Archie." Toni kissed him again.
"Since when were you two, this intimate." An unmistakable voice came from the doorway. Cheryl Blossom stood at the door in a black, off the shoulder, lace dress and bright red pumps. "TT, Archiekins," she strolled inside.
"Cheryl," Archie greeted her. Toni sat in shock. "What are you doing back in riverdale?"
"I heard about the horrible murder of Ginger's sister. You remember ginger, my bestie." Cheryl looked through Archie's her better flowers.
"I'm here for the funeral. Then I heard about the tragedy of Archie Andrews and just had to come give my apologies."
"Well it's good to see you, how long are you in town?" Archie asked.
"I haven't decided. Well, adieu." Cheryl blew a kiss and strutted out.
Archie took Toni's hand.
"Are you okay?" Toni nodded.
"Just hard to see her." Archie agreed. "Now, could we return to what we were doing before we were interrupted?" Toni gave him a sly smile. Archie grabbed her back and pulled her into the hospital bed. They laughed as they enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the afternoon.

Jughead and Veronica gawked as Cheryl and Ginger recounted stories about Ginger's adopted sister. They had only spoken to the girl's parents and had no idea of who her friends and other family were.
"So are you two the new detective duo?" Cheryl asked them once the family had let them leave. They were walking through the neighborhoods of Riverdale on their way to Pops.
"Looks like," Jughead said, shortly. Veronica tried not to think about how nice that title sounded for them.
"Then the best of luck to both of you, I can't wait to catch up but unfortunately I have some business to attend to." Cheryl kissed their cheeks and got picked up by a car.
"She hasn't changed." Jughead commented.
"Still the lady, now a successful businesswoman, I do hope it hasn't gone to her head." Veronica smirked. Jughead let his hand brush hers. Veronica felt her cheeks get hot.
"Any exciting leads?" Veronica let him take her hand in his.
"Why don't we go see the sheriff?"