Part 1

New school year, the same routine. Your mother instructs you to stand in front of your house next to your older brother, Sungyou, who seems almost too discontent to even be there. 

"Ah, Y/n hold up this!" your mother tells you handing you a chalkboard with "eleventh grade" on it and gives another to your brother which says "twelfth grade". Sungyou doesn't hold up the chalkboard and instead lets it fall, his hand seeming limp. "Now you two, smile for the picture!" Your mom rushes over to her phone carefully adjusted to a tripod originally designed for DSLR cameras, but your parents made it work and presses the button. The light flashes three times and you make a quick little pose with peace signs and smile. Your brother, Sungyou, just glances to the side. 

"Sungyou!" your father says coming outside from the front door. Sungyou slowly turns his head to face him. "You need to act like an adult, you're already in your senior year, stop pretending you're so angsty!" 

"I'm not pretending to be angsty, Pa." Your father rolls his eyes. Sungyou was generally pretty angsty, he wouldn't put on an act like that. 

"This damn behaviour of yours better stop soon, at the very least by the end of the year," your father says sternly. Sungyou groans in response. "C'mon now and smile for the fucking picture!" 

"Hey now," your mother replies, "We've been over this. You can't keep swearing at your own children." 

"I'm sorry," your father says sincerely. "Now, let's take another," he looks over to Sungyou, "and you mister, are going to pose and smile." Your mother returns to the side of the phone to press the button and you pose the same way shooting up the peace sign with a smile and Sungyou tilts his head to the side and smiles at the camera, the chalkboard slightly drooping. 

"Ah, it looks so good!" your mother says taking the camera off the tripod to show you and the rest of your family how the picture came out. 

"It's great!" you say walking back inside to get some of your things together. 

"Good idea, Y/n, the bus comes to the stop in ten minutes!" your mom calls and you nod your head in response to what she had said. 

Once you get inside, you find your backpack and start putting all the required school supplies in, then you find some of the food your mother had prepared for you and put it all together in a square lunch box. You take the lunch box, put it in your bag, and you are ready to leave. At this time, your phone dings with a new notification. It is from a friend, Taeha, telling you about some hot guy. That was how it always went with Taeha, every week she was dating a new guy, all were the same, so she obviously had a type. She always liked guys who looked cute when they smile, and sexy when they smirk. This time it was some boy named Jungkook, who you had known fairly well in the sixth grade, but you hadn't been in touch since then, and all you had heard was that he had changed in some way. Probably, everyone did. From the sixth to eleventh grade is quite a lot of time, and there were only maybe two people who were the same, and even they glowed up.

Taeha would be at your bus stop this year, as was she all the previous years, so you didn't bother responding through text and instead slung your backpack over your shoulder and walked to the bus stop. When you got there you sat at the little bench next to Taeha and immediately asked.

"So tell me about Jungkook!" you requested sounding more eager than you were. If it were someone else, you probably would have been as enthusiastic as you seem, but this was Taeha and it grew old after seventy million weeks, it was bad enough at two. 

"Well, he's super cute, you know him right?" You shrug.

"I did, but we've fallen out of touch, I don't remember a thing about him," you admit and Taeha gapes. 

"Well, he has the clearest skin known to man, if he gets a pimple it disappears within two seconds. His breath always smells like fruity gum, even though we aren't allowed to chew it in school, he seems kind of like a bad boy to me. It's fun seeing the risk, well, imagining it rather. He probably does more than chew gum in school. He smelled like smoke a few weeks ago at that one party, so he probably does some illegal stuff. He seems really nice, he helped an old lady cross the road." Taeha goes on, but one thing doesn't quite register.

"Wait. How do you know he chews gum in school, it hasn't even started yet!" 

"I remember from last year, he's different from my past crushes, my awe over him has taken a bit to develop, now I'm head over heels in love with him!" Taeha says you nod, just to seem interested. "Well, his cheeks look kinda squishy, and one time, his friend Jimin squished them which looked really cute. His hair can be styled in so many different ways, so it's like each day there's a surprise gift. His eyes are easy to look at, they look welcoming, and so does his smile. His smile is like a bunny, it just lights up the world around him basically."

"He seems quite the type to make you fall in love with him!" you say as the bus appears from around the corner. You stand up and brush the back of your skirt down to make sure none of the fallen leaves had stuck onto it, come to think of it, you could have just brushed the seat off before sitting. But that hadn't occurred to you when you went to sit down. That was just the way you were. You knew how to reverse problems so you had no need to learn how to prevent them.