Part 2

After a day of class, you are surprised to find you have absolutely zero friends in your classes, but you do have a certain someone in every single one, who is that certain someone? Taeha's crush, Jungkook. You don't bother telling Taeha that because it might make her jealous. Everything makes her jealous. 

Every

single

little

thing.

You sit next to her on the bus, she says her normal

"Hi, Y/n!" with her usual melodic voice, she has such a pretty voice. You are a bit envious, but the crap Taeha gets jealous about in her eyes would amount to so much less than that and she'd end up telling you something like "you don't need to pretend to be me". But still, through thick and thin, you would never end your friendship with Taeha, it'd be too hard to manage.

"Hello!" you tell Taeha, "how was your first day back?" 

"The usual. I'm a little disappointed, Jungkook isn't in any of my classes, though." A nod. "At lunch, well, you wouldn't know this because you waste the only time you have to talk to people in the library involving yourself in fictional stories, Jungkook carried my lunch tray to the table, because I accidentally cut my wrist in Science, he must have seen the huge bandage the school nurse gave me and thought I was injured." 

"You used knives already? The first day back?" you say in disbelief, as Taeha doesn't have a bandage on her wrist, led alone a cut.

"Well, I didn't quite cut it, more scraped it, but it bled and looked really bad so I had to have the nurse clean it. It's much better now, and hard to even see."

"Ah," you respond, feeling a bit guilty for assuming she was lying at first. You can't let the envy get ahold of you. Taeha's phone begins to play a piano tune. It lasts five seconds then fades. She's had that set as the notification for when someone texts her since the day she got her phone. 

"Oh my gosh!" Taeha nearly screams enthusiastically. 

"What is it?" you ask leaning over Taeha's shoulder to see what had happened. On the screen was an unnamed contact.

"Jungkook texted me!"

"You have his number?" you ask. Of course Taeha managed to get her crush's number the first day back. By the first period, you yourself had noticed Jungkook's many facial features. You slightly admired them yourself, but it would be bad for you to swoop in and steal Jungkook from Taeha. You also noticed how a whole ton of the girls in your class was staring in awe at him. Taeha wasn't the only one who wanted Jungkook's attention, practically the whole school did. 

"Yeah, he gave it to our whole friend group."

"So the two of you sit together?" you ask, this time genuinely curious, but you are extremely tired and it makes you sound insincere. 

"Yeah, he's decided to join me and my friends this year, he said he'd probably join us again if it's okay so I feel like he's gonna sit there all year!" she says excitedly. "Well, my lunch was super fun, how was yours?" The guilt inside of you begins to grow, while it was true that you were envious of Taeha, it didn't seem right. She was nice too and cared. It made no sense for you to have even the slightest distaste for her, but you did.

"Well, I started to read Cat's Cradle by Kurt something or other... it was by... er" you search your memory to recall just what was the last name of the author. " Kurt Vonnerut?" you say, "No it was by Kurt Vonnegut, yes, that's the name I was looking for."

"Was it any good?" Taeha asked, even though she hadn't been much of a reader, she would end up picking up a new book every month or so, and even though it took her quite some time, she ended up liking most of what she read, possibly because she reads all the things you recommend when she can and you have good taste in literature.

"I was distracted by a few 9th graders who were talking to each other in there, but the writing was somewhat like The Catcher in The Rye. The writing I mean, it was a different story but it was good."

Taeha nods. Sooner or later, the bus nears your stop. Taeha replies to a few messages on her phone and then throws it into her bag before standing up. You swing your backpack over your shoulder and make your way down the aisle to get to the door.

"Any new stuff from Kookie?" you ask as you step out. The two of you stay for a minute to talk. 

"Who's that?" Taeha asks. Then you realise that you had just came up with the nickname not even meaning to. You chuckle a bit, and reply.

"Jungkook I mean," you say cheerishly. 

"Ah." Taeha grabs her phone once more. "He asked about my wrist." 

"What'd you say?" 

"That it was a lot better." 

"Well, I've got to go or I'll be late to my dentist appointment," you say walking to the direction left of the bus stop, Taeha waves bye at you and walks in the right direction of the bus stop. You speed up your pace and get home as soon as you can.

"We really need to go, Y/n!" your mother tells you the second you open the door, and rushes you out. She locks the door behind her before even giving you the chance to put your stuff away.

"You should've planed for this, Mom!" you whine as you get in the front seat of the car.