15. exams

     THE EXAMS WEREN'T AS BAD AS HARPER thought they would be

THE EXAMS WEREN'T AS BAD AS HARPER thought they would be. She'd have to thank Hermione for that. If it hadn't been for her and her study planning, the exams would have gone a lot worse.

At Charms, they were being called by Professor Flitwick to his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap-dance across a desk. That was rather funny after Harper had done the spell perfectly. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox. Potions wasn't as bad as Harper thought it would be. Professor Snape wasn't breathing in her neck like he did with the others, but he kept an eye on her while she was making a Forgetfulness potion.

Their last exam was History of Magic. Harper hated studying for that. Although some things seemed interesting, most of them were not.

Harper sighed relieved when all the exams were finished. The four of them were currently sitting under a tree outside on the grounds.

"That was far easier as I thought it would be," Hermione said, frowning. "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code if Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

Harper blinked. "I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about."

"No more studying!" Ron exclaimed happily. "You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

Harper glanced at Harry who was furiously rubbing his forehead.

"I wish I knew what this means!" he burst out. "My scar keeps hurting—it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Maybe you should go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione suggested.

"I'm not sick," Harry fired back. "I think it's a warning . . . it means danger is coming."

"Harry, relax," Ron ordered. "Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly got his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down."