friday

unedited so sorry for mistakes

stan texted bill almost immediately the night before. about fifteen minutes after he dropped bill off, bill's phone lit up with a text.

stanley 💫 : any ideas about this weekend? :)

you : hmm, who asked who out here?

stanley 💫: does this mean i have to come up with something ALL ALONE

bill smiled.

you : yup.

after that, the conversation trailed into a two-hour long conversation over text, ranging from topics like languages to bill's grandma. bill just hoped that things wouldn't be weird at school.

and, luckily, stan didn't make anything weird at all. bill arrived to their usual meeting place. richie had an arm draped over eddie, stan was leaning against the wall, and bill was late. the only difference? stan brought bill a coffee.

"here," stan said softly, passing the dunkin donuts coffee cup to bill's cold, shaking hands. "i figured you'd, uh, be cold, and i know how much you like coffee."

bill took a tentative sip. the best part of richie and eddie finding each other was that they were usually so wrapped up in one another that they didn't even notice the world- namely, stan and bill- going on around them.

"how'd yo-you know my ord-er-order?" bill grinned. the coffee was perfect. it even had an extra shot of caramel, just as he liked it. really sugary, incredibly unhealthy, but just right. the coffee may have been a simple gesture, but it was more than he had expected anyway, and just the mere fact that stan took time out of his day to think of him was more than bill could have asked for.

"i asked richie, i wanted to surprise you. you like it? i did it right?" stan asked anxiously, fidgeting a bit.

sporting a smile, bill nodded and wrapped his arms around stan. "puh-perfect. thank you-y-you, stanley."

shortly after, the four separated. but not for long. richie and bill had plans afterschool. since their soulmates basically simultaneously appeared, the two had nearly no time alone together. without richie, bill was lost, and vice versa. they were two halves that were useless without the other. as a stupid analogy, richie said that without bill, he was a pot with no handle. bill had yet to figure out what that meant.

they met at richie's car. they planned to drive to the quarry together. bill didn't know why exactly they were going to the quarry, but in a town like derry, it was sort of hard to find new places to go. the quarry was their safe place, hidden away in the trees. due to a string of murders of children in that area, no one ever visited there. no one except richie, bill, eddie and stan.

"so," richie stated once they were set up. they were laying in his trunk bed, shivering from the snow. richie had his truck doors open, softly playing music. they shared a bottle of jack daniels between them, warming them from their ears to their toes. "what's going on with you and stan? and don't lie to me, i got the scoop from eddie, too."

bill shook his head, standing on wobbly feet. he might have had one too many swigs of whiskey, rum, whatever that alcohol was. he giggled. "nuh-uh-uh, richieeeee. no soulmate talk-y here. this is a boys night!" he thumped his chest then laughed, wobbling backwards before catching himself.

richie kaughed, jumping up and steadying bill. "three things. one, stan and eddie are boys, too. two, the girl in your relationship is definitely you, and three- look what i brought."

a smirk on his face, richie reached into hus back pocket; and pulled out a bag of green pieces of leaf that looked suspiciously like marijuana. "is that wuh-weed? richieeeee, 'm a christian!" bill giggled, then his face suddenly fell. "right? aren't i?"

richie rolled his eyes. "look, do you just wanna try some? i won't smoke any, 'n i barely drank. i'll drive 'ya home, billy, if you wanna try a little."

bill nodded quickly. "yeah! roll muh-me a dooby!"

"oh my- no one calls it a dooby, bill. it's a blunt." richie rolled a blunt in seconds, handing it off to bill.

the first few puffs felt like breathing in fire. but it got much easier after that. bill felt like he was flying, but not necessarily in a good or bad way. he felt careless, but also lightheaded. the experience was bittersweet.

"cuh-can i facetime stan?" bill smiled dreamily. "siri! facetime my boo!"

i don't know who 'Boo' is. can you try again?

"ugh, d-da-damn thing!" bill raised his arm in the air to lob his phone, and richie jumped to the rescue, snatching it out of bill's hand.

"woah, okay there, bud. hold up."

and, richie facetimed stan.

stan picked up almost immediately. he looked disheveled, curly hair unstuck by gel, kippah awkwardly halfway off stan's head. "bill? are you okay? what's wrong?"

"stanley! i have a secret!" bill whispered loudly, his mouth right against the phone's speaker. "wanna he-hear it?"

"bill? why aren't you stuttering? what's your secret?"

bill giggled. "you look really cu-cute right no-ow. oh, 'n i'm suuuper high."