iv

third person

(Y/N = your name, Y/N/N = your nickname)

The rest of the year they got to know each other really well. They told each other everything. He told her his plans and she told him what she's been hiding.

It was the beginning of their sixth year and Y/N looked deadly sick. Tom, well he still looked the same, but better if that was possible. It was night time and Tom went downstairs finally seeing Y/N after break and getting here.

"Y/N/N?" She looked at him, she was crying.

She stopped and looked at him wiping her eyes. He went over to her and sat beside of her.

"What happened?" He questioned.

"I can't do this anymore Tom." He knew what she meant. He wish this wasn't happening, he doesn't want a repeat of last year.

"I need you." And he did, he didn't know what he'd do without her now. She changed his life so much ever since they've gotten together.

"I'm too broken to be fixed!" She cried looking at him. It broke his heart seeing her like this, he hated it.

"I'm going to fix you." He said pulling her into him.

"Just you?"

"Yes."

They didn't know, but they were both completely, totally, utterly in love with each other. They both needed each other, but they also didn't at the same time.

It was Halloween and they were in the chamber swaying back and forth as Y/N cried. She was always crying.

"I love you." He said making her look up at him.

"I'm completely, totally, utterly, in love with you." He whispered.

She just hugged him in respond, but he knew she loved him too.

They were in the common room sitting on the couch together. He was reading a book about horcruxes and she had her head leaning on his shoulder looking at the book.

"Horcruxes?" She asked pointing to the word.

"It's all in the plan, Love."

"You won't love me anymore." She said taking her head off of his shoulder.

"Of course I will, I always will." He said looked at her like she was crazy.

She shook her head, getting up. She didn't really care about the other stuff he had planned as long as he'd still love her and he'd be with her. But this, this was crossing the line. He got up and grabbed her pulling her into him.

"Just one."

"If you make it we're over."

"You be my horcrux." He said making her look up at him.

"Just me?"

"I promise."

"Okay."

That very night it happened. Now he really couldn't live without her. He hugged her and kissed her head thinking it'll make her feel better, but it only made her feel worse. He made her happy for sure, but he was also draining her as well. He was making her the happiest and the saddest and she had no clue what to do about it. Him on the other hand, she was making him so happy, especially with his plans. He knew he'd always wanted her apart of them, and now it was finally happening.

They were at one of Slughorn's dinner parties and she just sat there while he talked.

"Y/N/N!" Tom said nudging her.

She looked at him and he nodded to Slughorn. She looked at Slughorn to see him looking worried.

"I'm fine, Professor, just have a lot on my mind." Which was true.

"You hardly ate tonight!" He exclaimed causing everyone to look at her plate that was basically untouched.

"Sick, I've been hardly eating for a while now, Sir." She said half lying. She wasn't necessarily sick, but she wasn't eating at all.

The one person she hopped would care didn't. He didn't care one bit, all he cared about was his plan. They were finally going as planned.

"Tom?" She asked seeing him in the library.

"Yes?" He asked looking up at her from his book.

"You can make all the horcruxes you want."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." He smiled and she left heading towards the lake.

He was writing stuff down when he felt a sharp pain like he was dying. He ignored it and headed to the common room.

The next day she wasn't in any classes, but he brushed it off thinking she was sick like she said at Slughorn's dinner party. Everyone was in the great hall when someone ran in soaked and screamed.

"She's dead!" And ran out.

Everyone ran out to see Y/N laying on the ground with the person beside her, even he did. He didn't move, he didn't do anything, but watch.

How did I not know?