Prologue

Prologue:

 Hi, I’m Cleo. Before I start my story, you need to know the basics of the world I live in.

There are 4 supernatural creatures. Werewolves, vampires, mermaids and angels. They were all friendly towards each other 1000 years ago. It was announced that King Tatum of Werewolves and Vampires was mates with Queen Emily of Angels and Mermaids. This made them the most powerful couple in the world. Royals have a few extra powers than your average supernatural would. These powers depended on the character of the royal. Nevertheless, some people didn’t think that all that power should go them.

This started the greatest supernatural fight in history ever recorded resulting in vampires and werewolves being enemies and hate each other. However, the mermaids and angels didn’t get involved with this war so everyone is at peace with them.

Vampires are put into covens and the high coven for the royals. And just like Vampires, Werewolves are put into packs and the blood moon pack for the royals. However, Angels have a kingdom where the royals rule over all angels. Whilst Mermaids are put in shoals and the royal shoal for the royals.

Hybrids (a combination of two or more creatures) are rare as usually only the male gene works so if your Mum is a werewolf and your Dad is a vampire, you are a vampire as well.

There have been a few infamous hybrids among the generations of supernatural. One being the Queen Hybrid. That’s me. Most think I’m dead as I supposedly ‘died in a crash with my parents’ but others believe I still exist and I’m just finding the right moment to make myself known. I am the most powerful supernatural creature alive. That is why hunters want me dead and they know I’m alive because they let me escape from the crash. And all hunters are very cautious that I will come into power and overthrow the human race.

On a lighter note, all of the supernatural creatures have soul mates (mates). When you mate with your mate the female will always get pregnant although if you mate with someone who isn’t your mate, you won’t get pregnant. No supernatural is mated with a human. It is impossible.

Each supernatural has an element and another power and also have great strength, speed and wit. Mermaids have water and they are seducers, vampires have fire and hypnosis, angels have air and have telekinesis (the ability to move objects with your mind) and werewolves have earth and can mind read (which includes mind linking). When you are using your element, your eyes go the elements colour. Only humans and hunters can be hypnotised. No supernatural can.

Hunters are put into levels up to 10. 10 being skilled and 1 being unskilled. Level of skill runs in the blood but they can be trained by a higher level hunter to become a higher level. Hunters are born with better hearing, strength and have better fighting skills than your average human. They can smell if a person is a supernatural or not but not the exact creature. On the other hand, creatures can smell what level hunter they are, due to better senses than hunters.

Vervain hurts vampires, wolfs bane hurts werewolves, being away from water hurts mermaids, and seeing an innocent person die hurts angels. Enough of one of these can kill a supernatural.

There are such things as supernatural schools but only in a supernatural populated area. Other main buildings in town could be human populated.

Rules for a supernatural:

- If you tell humans what you are unless you are their mate, you are killed by the council of supernatural (COS).

- Mating a hunter is forbidden even if they are your mate.

- Once a supernatural is born or dies, the COS must be informed to record that information (for statistical purposes)

- At the age of 16, each supernatural must go to the COS to go through the change and become accustomed and familiar to the supernatural features.

- Parents must tell offspring about the supernatural past and how the system works.

- Anyone who disobeys these laws will be brought to trial in front of the COS

Please comment and vote!

xx