Chapter 3

Jess's POV

I woke up this morning and instantly my mind filled with the memories of last night. I smiled and walked down stairs to see my mom making chocolate chip waffles. I heard my phone buzz and it was Lizzie asking if I could go to her house. I texted back saying I could and went upstairs to go get ready. Once I was done I walked back down to the kitchen and sat at the bar.
"So what are your plans for today?" my mom asked handing me a cup of orange juice.
"Well I'm going by Lizzie's house and then later I'm going to Elizabeth's house to babysit." I said smiling
"What's got you so smiley?" my mom asked laughing
"Oh just that I get to see Hayes the boy who I never thought I'd meet but I basically get to see everyday." I replied.

~at Lizzie's house~

"So Jess did you meet any cute boys?" Lizzie asked wiggling her eyebrows
"Actually I did his name is Hayes Grier." once I said that her jaw dropped
"Really I'm going to see him at magcon over the weekend!" Lizzie said still surprised
"Well I'm going to their house tonight to babysit Skylynn I'm sure Elizabeth wouldn't mind if you come." I offered
"Sure! I would love to come!" she said with excitement. About an hour later Lizzie and I headed to Hayes's house to babysit Sky. I walked up and knocked on the door.
"Hey Jess and what's your name?" Elizabeth asked
"Lizzie, nice to meet you."
"Okay girls come right in." We walked in and I got tackled into a hug by Sky
"Did you miss me?" I asked as I picked her up
"Ya! Who is that?" Sky asked wondering who Lizzie is.
"This is my friend Lizzie she is going to play horsies with us."
"Yay!" she cheered and ran up stairs
"You girls have fun." Elizabeth said as she walked out the door. We played horsies until Sky had to go to bed. When she fell asleep we went down stairs into the living room to watch Netflix. Of course us being us we chose to watch Mean Girls. We were basically reciting the whole movie instead of listening to it because we have no lives what so ever. I heard the door open and Hayes walked in.
"Hey Jess and-" he began saying until I cut him off
"Lizzie this is my friend Lizzie."
"Hi" She said and waved
"So Hayes wanna watch Mean Girls with us?" I offered. He simply shrugged his shoulders and sat down beside me. The whole rest of the night was spent watching Mean Girls and cuddling with Hayes.