T W O

TWO
[ LATE NIGHT RENDEZVOUS ]

┏━━━━⟢:⟡:⟣━━━━┓❝ Titles are but nicknames,and every nickname is atitle

┏━━━━⟢:⟡:⟣━━━━┓
❝ Titles are but nicknames,
and every nickname is a
title. ❞
┗━━━━⟢:⟡:⟣━━━━┛

"It was full-on Carrie," Kevin Keller told his friends the story of how he found Moose Mason and Midge Klump at Lover's Lane after being shot at. Moose had shielded Midge with his body, getting shot multiple times and admitted to the hospital. "Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane."

"Kev," Archie spoke up as he walked into the Student Lounge. "What were you even doing out there? You could've been shot, too."

"I was just night-jogging," Kevin shrugged, stumbling over his words slightly and his voice raising an octave higher than usual. "You know, as one does and suddenly I hear gunshots."

Maeve pulled her knees to her chest from her sat on the couch next to Betty Cooper. She had only been in Riverdale for a few days and already two shootings had happened. It was exactly the reason why Laurence and Curtis had decided to move out of town. To keep her safe from the dangerous Hell that was Riverdale.

"Can we at least agree now that there's a killer on the loose?" Archie sighed as he took a seat his chair.

"With terrible aim," Jughead joked, making Maeve snort and hide the bottom of her face behind her chunky sweater sleeve.

"Jughead," Archie shook his head, not looking amused in the slightest. "He murdered Ms. Grundy."

"The music teacher?" Maeve asked, looking across at Kevin. He nodded and Maeve sighed, leaning back in her seat.

"Archie," Betty leaned forwards. "We don't know that all three crimes are related."

"Guys," Veronica rolled her eyes, her left hand playing with the pearl necklace that hung around her neck. "Can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The new season of The Matchlerette starts tonight. And you're all coming over to watch."

"There's a shooter terrorizing our town," Jughead frowned from his seat. "And you really want us to watch a gross reality dating show?"

Maeve snorted again, but this time didn't hide it. Instead, she just let her smile fall and her face heat up when she got a disapproving look from Kevin.

"What I really want," Veronica sighed. "Is for you guys to meet my dad, officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study. Doing very bad thing as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine."

Maeve opened up her calendar on her phone and sighed, seeing that she was scheduled to work that night and knew she'd have to let Veronica down by telling her she couldn't make it. Yes, the two girls only met a few days ago, but Maeve actually really liked Veronica and found her to be a good person to talk to.