Khushi ki khushi

Chapter26

Khushi ki khushi ( Khushi's happiness)

I came out of the cake shop with a huge chocolate cake in my hands and went inside the auto rickshaw I had asked to wait for myself. I smilingly thought about how happy Amma and Babuji were today morning.

Now I am twenty three! Arre baap re, big age isn't it! And babuji was so happy that he generously gave me Twenty three hundred rupees to spend! He had never handed me out such a big amount of money. Now I had more to spend on the kids in the orphanage.

I reached the orphanage with a couple of balloons and the auto driver helped me carry the cake in.

"Khushi didi!" The children jumped and hugged me."Happy Birthday!" They screamed loudly and greeted me. I was so happy to see them. They were around fifty in total and I knew all of their names and loved them equally. Yet, Aashi was my, you can say favourite because she was my partner in crime. A little prankster just like me!

I took Aashi in my arms and smiled to her "How is the little baby?"

"I am fine! Happy is also fine!" little Aashi said cutely showing her little doll to me. She had named the doll I had donated for her as Happy when I told her that my name means happiness.

She was a little baby of 3 years when I had first seen her. She had pinched my nose, punched my cheeks and called me Kuchi. She had been my favourite since then. She is the youngest here.

I had enquired the authorities about her. They had told me that she was born in the charity section of SSDMH which was meant for the poor section of the society. Her mother died as soon as she was born and the hospital people had no information about her father so they had to shift her to the children's home. She would talk lots and lots but you could never get tired of her.

Now that I am seeing her after such a long time she seems to have grown quite tall. Suddenly I find her face to be very familiar to somebody else. My mind just couldn't figure out whom.

I brought the huge cake to the centre table and told everyone to assemble together so we will cut the cake. But the children insisted on dancing so we decided to do that first.

I took out my phone and handed it out to Sahil, a boy at the orphanage who knew my mobile phone better than me. He played this song.

Khelan kyun na jaaye

Tu hori re rasiya (x2)

Aashi grabbed my hand and brought me to the centre of the hall and started doing some crazy dramatic moves. She made action of having wore a dupatta, which she was waving side wards.

Puchhe hain tohe sari guiya

Kahaan hai Badri ki dulhania

Everybody made hand moves as if they were searching for someone. I too joined their crazy dance.

Kurti pe teri malun gulaal

Rang bata blue ya laal

Air mein tere udte baal

Aaja rang doon dono gaal

Lily, another girl came and rubbed my cheeks like if she was putting gulaal on it.

Are sa ra ra ra.. (x3)

Kabira sa ra ra ra..

Kabir came forward and put a hand on his ear and another up straight like if he was singing. I couldn't resist laughing out aloud after looking at their melodrama.