Talk Me Down

Never in his life did Namjoon think he would be standing where he was at that moment: at Jin's father's funeral

Never in his life did Namjoon think he would be standing where he was at that moment: at Jin's father's funeral. Well, not exactly at his funeral, but pretty much there. He stood, a bit away from the crowd, watching as Jin hung his head in dismay as they lowered the casket into the ground. His wife rubbed his arms reassuringly, but the shaking of the man's shoulder was a telltale sign that he was crying. Namjoon's heart ached for the man, even if his heart was broken by him.

His wife clung onto Jin's hand as if she was scared that if she didn't, Jin would leave her. Namjoon spotted Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi standing around the edge of the crowd of weeping family members that circled the grave. He took slow, silent steps towards them. He kept his gaze forward as he finally stood next to them.

Upon hearing his approach, Hoseok turned and smiled in relief at the younger, "Hey man, didn't think I would see you here today."

"Yeah," Namjoon swallowed thickly in guilt as he saw Jin struggle to control his sobs, "me neither."

"Hey, Yoongs," Hoseok tugged on Yoongi's tux and directed his head to where Namjoon stood. Yoongi let his eyes trail over to the younger and an immediate gummy smile was in place.

"Namjoon, you came," Yoongi said quietly. He made sure that their little conversation wouldn't disturb any of the mourners by leading them away from the crowd. They made their way a bit off to stand next to a statue of sorts. There stood Hoseok, Yoongi, and Namjoon- who still only had eyes for Jin- for a second before Hoseok broke the silence.

"So, how have you been?" Hoseok asked. "The last time we saw you in the flesh was at your concert."

Namjoon finally flickered his eyes away from Jin's torn figure and looked at his friends properly, "I've been good. Just nonstop working, you know. Gotta keep climbing those charts."

"And that you are," Yoongi said proudly as he patted Namjoon's shoulders. "Who would have thought that little nerdy Namjoon from piano class would become this big, famous celebrity?"

"Not me, that's for sure," Namjoon smiled softly, his dimples popping.

This simple gesture made both Hoseok and Yoongi relax a bit. They were worried that Namjoon was still hung up over Jin. Never did they say anything about the two when they suddenly stopped being friends. If they were being honest, they knew exactly what was going on. They weren't blind. They could practically see the love radiating from them everytime they were with them. But then all of a sudden, they didn't contact each other and never spoke of one another. It was strange and all at once, but Yoongi and Hoseok knew better than to ask them what had happened. Instead, they made sure to check up on each of them. Jin seemed to bounce back almost instantaneously. He had a girlfriend- which he later married- and was making great progress in school. Of course, they just couldn't see how truly in pain he was to depart from Namjoon.