Bye Bye Hell House

P.O.V: Iris

I had already slipped out of my cell and was now invisible. I was right about that spell coming in handy. The two guards patrolling the hallway never saw me coming. They now lay on the ground, unconscious. I stole one of the officer's master keys and made myself visible. All the kids around me were asleep. I quickly unlock the bottom level and usher the kids up and out of their cells. "Shhh. Don't make a sound. Take the other keys and finish the rest." I hand them the other keys and they begin to unlock others cells.

The green-eyed boy steps towards me. "I can take them to the Tyrant base, but it will take a few days." He says.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is not what you should be worrying about right now, they are." He points to four guards waking around the corner. 

I tun to the kids and say, "I'll take care of them. Keep going." I say the invisible spell inside my head. I heard quiet gasps escape from the kids, even the Tyrant boy was surprised. I move swiftly, not making a sound. I used the hilt of my dagger to knock them out. Not enough to kill them, but enough for them to have a long nap. I turn visible again, tossing my dagger in the air and catching it. "Follow me." I tell the wide eyed kids standing twenty or thirty feet away. I lead the kids through the different bends and turns and then stop and turn to face them. "Divide into four groups." 

They immediately obey. "Each group will be going through a different exit. I will make sure most of you escape. The first exit is behind us. Turn right twice then left followed by another right. The second exit is to the left and the third one is to the right." I point to the halls leading to the different exits. "The turns are all the same. Two right, one left, and another right." The four groups nod, showing they got it. "I'll lead the first group to the back exit. There will be guards everywhere at the exits and outside. They will shoot. Have no doubt about that." I warn them. I point to a kid with a bruise on his face. "Your group follow me."

The group was made of the youngest kids here. They had divided into their closest age groups, just as I suspected. "The rest of you find a place near here and hide. Don't come out until I say so."

They nod. I wave the first group to follow me quietly but quickly. My side was starting to send a dull ache as I ran. On the way there, more guards started popping up. I told the kids to walk back a few feet because on the other side of this hall, there were at least eight guards.

I gave up the idea of just walking in invisible. Instead, I just opted to switch between being visible and being invisible as I threw my dagger at the guards and kicked their feet out from under them. That was actually a little harder than normal.

Once all the guards were laying on the tile floor, we made our way carefully. There were about twelve more guards at the double doors of the exit. I smiled to myself because they were standing near each other.

I turn invisible and set one of the officer's uniforms on fire, then ran back to the kids. The flame had already spread from one to the other. They were frantically trying to put the fire out but it was already too late. Their uniforms were scorched and I ran and knocked them unconscious.

"GO!" I tell the kids. "We will meet up in the abandoned part of the City. Now run!" I yell. They burst out of the doors and one trips. I quickly help her up, ushering her out of the door. 

"Thank you." The small girl says to me before running to join her friends. As soon as she left, I raced back to the others.

"Coast is clear." They all merge at my words. "Okay, second group follow me." The second youngest group follows me as I turn down the hall to our left and see five guards. "Stay here for a minute." I dash towards the guards who tried to shoot me, but I quickly gained enough momentum to run on the wall and kick their heads.