Coming To

I came to with concerned faces looking down on me. The worry in they're eyes disappeared as they realised my eyes had open. I blinked in the bright light and lifted my hand to cover my face. I felt fine but slightly light headed and discombobulated. My mum drapes herself over me and embraces me into a hug. She kisses my cheeks and gasps, "Oh Tati I was so worried! I'm so glad you are ok."
"Thanks mum" I groan as I sit up in the sick-bay bed. Of course my best friends Marina and Julio were standing next to me too. Julio with his inscribed shirt as always, today it boldly read 'Ask An Intelligent Question', and Marina with her usual black crop top and black mini-skirt. Literally, she must have bought hundreds of the same outfit. "How long was I out?" I ask them. "Only about fifteen minutes, don't worry" Julio replies. If you are wondering how my mum got here so fast, you should know that she is a teacher at my school. I'm sure it was no time before she was notified that I had passed out and came rushing to the sick bay to check up on me. She always was overprotective. The school nurse comes over to me and checks me for concussion and asks me what happened. I tell her the whole story and she diagnoses me with "A little exam stress and probably not enough sleep" she says I should be fine but I should keep an eye on it and go to the doctor if anything else like that happens and I should go home and spend the rest of the day on bed rest.
During the drive home I talk to mum about the usual stuff. Exams, guitar lessons, and of course, boys, because I can't have a conversation with my mum without her bringing up the topic. We were near the end of an in-depth conversation on fortunetelling when she craftily changed the subject by saying, "Speaking of futures, is there anyone special you want to spend yours with?" With a wink. I sighed and said "I'm only seventeen mum, I haven't planned out my whole life!" She replies with, " Ok, ok, but you know you can tell me anything, and if there is anything going on, just let me know." It was like she was reading my mind. I guiltily looked away and spent the rest of the drive staring out the window in silence.