Chapter three

Please help this story grow by voting. It's simple, but it helps. Thank you so much for reading..Enjoy!x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mackenzie's POV

“Hey, we're having--Styles? What are you doing here? You're three hours early.” My dad said, obviously befuddled at the scene right now. Harry was sitting cross legged on my bed, staring at the pages, and me sitting a safe distance from him.

“Sorry,” Harry said, obviously not meaning it. “I have band practice so I couldn't have made it at that time.” Harry shrugged, flipping his curly locks to the left of his head.

“Well, make sure you study hard.” Dad glared, me assuring him that we will. My grade depends on this and he knows that, but so does Harry's.

“Um, can i talk to you for a minute, daddy?” I innocently grinned as I pushed my dad out of the room. “Dad! He's already being an ass.” I pouted, crossing my arms.

“Learn to deal with it somehow, I did.”

“Tell me why can't do it, again?” I whined, frowning.

“Sweetheart, I have a hard enough time making him come to detention...”

“Then what makes you think I'm capable of boosting up his grade?”

“You did it before, you can do it again with a new student. Mackenzie, you're his agre and you guys will understand each other more.”

I scoffed, “Dad, we're complete opposites.”

He rolled his eyes when he heard Eva calling for him. “Gotta help with dinner, please try your best, Kenz. I have faith in you, okay?” He kissed my forehead quickly and then made a run for it. I crossed my arms against my chest and stood there, annoyed. “Leave the door open!” Dad yelled from downstairs and I lightly chuckled to myself.

“Alright, did you read?” I got back into my room, giving my undivided attention to Harry. I don't want to let my dad down, and even though I've only just met Harry, I don't want to let him down either. Deep inside, I know he cares. So, here's to the next hour and a half.

***

“Are we done?” Harry grunted, palming at his curly locks out of frustration. Why is he frustrated? I'm the one tutoring.

“Yes.” I sighed, giving the poor kid a break. Even though we had merely twenty minutes left, he didn't want to be here as much as I didn't want to teach him. He gives me weird vibes and we are nothing alike. Maybe if he was decent to be around. So, I told him he could leave and he jumped up from the bed and just walked out of my room like nothing.

I shook my head, thinking about the next who-knows-how-many months. It's too soon to tell if he has the ambition, but as of now, he could care less. Hey, if I was one of the most popular kids at school and everyone and anyone wanted to get near me, I wouldn't really care either. But I'm not and maybe only a few peolpe know my name. But, I'm not complaining, because I like being unknown. It takes the pressure of doing and being what everyone expects. All I have to worry about is making my dad happy and that's what's going to happen.

I started my homework as soon as I cleaned up the books that were sprawled on my bed. Homework was usually a piece of cake to me. I paid enough attention in school to do my homework in less than ten minutes and it was a good time killer. Then came dinner, followed by the start of a new day.