Chapter One

Violet woke up to her alarm blaring that morning. It was loud and obsessive and would not stop going off. She reached over to turn it off and get the horrible sound to stop but she couldn't reach it. She kept stretching until finally she hit it but not before she fell out of bed and onto the floor with a loud thump.
"Violet, sweetheart are you ok?" Her mom called from downstairs.
"Yeah mom I'm good just fell"
"Ok. Can you make sure the triplets are up? I haven't heard them at all this morning."
"Will do mom"
Violet got up off the floor and walked to her sister Isadora's room which was right across the hall. She knocked and the only answer she got was an 'I'm up' in a soft voice. She took this as a sign she wasn't dead and moved on to the next room which was Duncan and Quigley's room. She knocked and almost immediately Quigley answered the door still in his pajamas and she saw Duncan sitting at his desk fully dressed, no surprise there and was reading a very large book.
"Mom told me to come see if you guys were up."
"We are" Quigley replied. Duncan grunted as a response obviously not wanting to tear from his book quite yet.
"She also said breakfast is ready."
"Sweet, Come on Duncan it's pancake day." Duncan grunted again and started to stand up still holding the book. He started to walk out of the room with book in hand not taking his eyes off it. He was halfway down the Violet and Quigley following close behind when he turned and finally spoke.
"You know mom isn't going to let either of you eat unless you're dressed right?"
Violet sighed and Quigley groaned at this but they both turned around and went back to their rooms to get dressed.