21: GIFTING

A/N: Beware of the one-month time-jump!

Louis, December 23rd

The first month of mine and Harry's relationship had already become the best month of my life.

December wasn't filled with snow, since we were in Los Angeles and it never got cold. Still, Harry and I liked to pretend it was freezing just so we could stay inside, watch Christmas movies, have nice food and make out.

It was the day before Christmas Eve when I was doing laundry at Harry's house and trying to figure out which button to press to get the machine going. I had been staying at his place for a week, and it already felt like I had moved in for good. For instance, my clothes were all over the house (since Harry had a habit of taking them off).

Most days, we followed the same schedule. Harry woke me up, dragged me into the bathroom to an innocent or not-so-innocent shower (depending on the day), we had breakfast that we sometimes cooked together (if Harry was in a good mood) and I waved him goodbye at the door as he went away for work, waited hours on my own for him to come back until he finally did. Thereafter, we usually watched a movie or had sex (also depending on the day), we cooked dinner or ordered food, had a cozy night in and fell asleep either early or late, (depending on whether we decided to have sex or not).

Evidently, there was a lot of sex.

So much that it had become a standard activity. Something we did when we were bored. Or when we couldn't sleep. Or when we felt the need to use it as a mechanism to cheer each other up. Or just when we felt like doing it.

It would be an understatement to say that I loved it.

Once I had finally managed to get the washing machine going, I scooted out of the room, checked the time (Harry would come home any minute), and sat down on a spinning stool in the kitchen bar to watch the telly. Yes, Harry had a TV in the kitchen. To be fair, there seemed to be tellies everywhere in the house.

The door clicked when Harry unlocked it and swung it open thereafter. Since the kitchen and the foyer were adjacent, I was able to watch the door reveal him in his thick coat and snug, maroon beanie. His curls were much longer than a month before, which I admired. They would peek through the beanie at his sideburns and at the nape of the neck.

"I cleaned some of the rooms," I announced, and Harry's head snapped up to find me. He smiled at once and threw his beanie away atop of the hatrack. "We definitely have to clean the rest, since the party is tomorrow night and people will probably want a full house tour once they visit."

Harry shimmied out of his jacket, removed his shoes and strode close to me to pull me in for a hug. First thing, he exhaled, as if had been a long day and he was happy to be back in my arms. Second, he removed his face from my neck and kissed both of my cheeks before smiling and dreaming away into my eyes.

"It's your birthday tomorrow," he crooned. "We've never spent a birthday together. I'm gonna-Oh wow. I'm gonna treat you so well. From the moment you wake up, to the moment you fall asleep on Christmas Day, drunk and happy at five AM, or something."

I pinched the bridge of his nose. "You're gonna go overkill and I'm not gonna be able to beat you once we celebrate your birthday in two months."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I just need sex and I'm good."

"Oh, wow," I sing-sang and kissed his lips shortly. "Well, at least I'll be doing what I do best."

"True," he agreed. "One quick question. You didn't, by any chance, clean the basement, did you?"

"No. All the bathrooms, washing room, living rooms and our bedroom. That was it, I think. Why?"