My best friend, Josh

Josh Pov:

I got out of bed rubbing my head. I had a huge headache and an uncontrollable need to throw up. The joys of a hangover. I can’t remember much of what happened last night other than, I drank a fuck load.

I stumbled through to the bathroom and fell to my knees hugging the toilet bowl. So much for the whole ‘I’m never drinking again’ speech, I’m such a tool. Standing in the shower, I remember that me and my girlfriend broke up. So I took it as ‘Josh you know what you need to do? Go get pissed with all your mates’ and what did I do? Took my own advice, the worst idea ever!

It was one of those reasons thats like ‘dude that’s so freaking deep’ when really its as ‘deep’ as a paddling pool. The deal is, she got jealous of my best friend and tried to get me to stop talking to her. What a Bitch, I obviously chose my best friend Holly. We’ve been inseparable since we were 7. I love her to bits.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. Picking my phone up off my dresser I dialed Holly’s number. “what’s up cunt?” she answered with an insult, not too surprised. “Not much, got a major fucking hangover though!!” her laugh soared through my phone, it was like a soft giggle “you were so fucking wrecked man! I thought you were going to die, what made you drink so much anyway?” I never told her about Maddie because I knew she would have told me I was stupid and should have tried to compromise with her, when there would be no way that would happen “I, urm, I broke up with Maddie…” I couldn’t see her but by the sound of her sigh I could tell she was shaking her head. “Are you fucking kidding me!? Dude, what the fuck?” I started laughing, no idea why though “she tried to get me to stop talking to you. Lets be honest there’s no way that’s going to happen. Sorry Holls but you’re stuck with me forever” it was her turn to laugh now, and she did, “Fuck, here’s me thinking that you’d eventually fuck off. Hurry up and come meet me!! We’re going to Ben & Jerry’s!”

With that she hung up.

I headed out of my house and straight for the closest bus stop. I still had a manic headache but I didn’t mind, It will pass, hopefully! As I approached Holly’s flat, I noticed her halfway down the street. “Hey, arsehole! Fancy stopping!?” she turned around with a devilish smile and flipping her hair long wavy brown hair out of her face. “Oh fuck not you again” I caught up with her wrapping my arm around her “Yep it’s me!! So, let’s go get fat eating Ice cream!” we both laughed making our way down the street.

Holly Pov:

I had a bit of a hangover too, I wouldn’t tell Josh that though, he’d just keep bugging me making it worse. He probably already guessed though because every time we ‘over do it’ we go for ice cream after, it’s the same when one of us is ill.

When we were 14 we made a pact that whenever we were sad or upset about something, we would stay with each other and watch our favourite movies until we fell asleep. We haven’t broken that pact. It’s been difficult as he tours a lot, so we changed it for when he is touring we just stay on the phone together until one of us falls asleep, which is usually me first.

Sitting across from each other at a park bench with our Ben and Jerry’s looking at Josh, I still see the 7 year old kid that I fell in love with. He was so cute and charming. I took another spoonful of my ice cream and snap out of my daze as I realise that I’d been staring for a while. “Holly, what are you doing?” he started laughing and my face went bright red “Nothing just day dreaming, why?” he couldn’t stop smiling, I buried my head so he couldn’t see the brightness “You were staring at me, pervert!!” He continued laughing, soaking up his love for himself with every breath “No I wasn’t I wasn’t looking at anything, I was day dreaming about bands!!” for a long time I’ve had an ‘obsession’ with various bands, being best friends with a guy in a band, just makes it easier to meet my ‘obsessions’. ” Admit it, you can’t resist all this sex appeal!” I started laugh uncontrollably “Are you kidding me!? I’d rather motorboat Katy Price!” he stopped laughing and pretended to cry “Jeez you don’t have to be so mean about it” he tried to fight the smile that threatened to corrupt his cheeks “awh don’t cry love, you know how much I would love to motorboat, Katy Price.” We both burst out laughing almost falling off the bench we were sitting on!