Chapter Two: Home.

Alisha

The doctor cleared us to go home, Aurora, even though she was a premie, she was 8 pounds and healthy as hell. I was staying with Sonny due to the fact Rafael moved out of his place and my apartment was barely unpacked. 

Sonny carried Aurora into the house and to the nursery, he had set up. I sit on the couch, I am still in a lot of pain but they gave me some medicine to take. 

Sonny comes out and joins me on the couch, "She is knocked out," Sonny says, "Won't be for long but for now," I tell him and smile slightly. Sonny looks at me, "Are you okay?" he asks. I shrug, "Seeing Rafael today just brought all these emotions back, of what could've been with us, I know why he left I just wish he hadn't. Why do I always fall in love with people who leave? My first girlfriend di--" 

"Whoa, girlfriend?" Sonny asks, "Oh yeah, I forgot I never told you guys that, I'm bi, I just don't let it define me, anyway, she left, Aaron and I fell apart, you and I never worked out and Rafael kills a baby and leaves," Sonny looks down, "I never said we wouldn't work out," Sonny says. 

"Come on Sonny, you have girls after you all the time. I see you at the bar. I see you come home with girls all the time," I say, "But they're not you." He whispers looking at me, "I can't keep kissing strangers and pretending they're you," I just look at him, I wasn't sure what to say or how to say it, "Sonny..." I whisper. 

"I'm still so in love with you Alisha and I know you aren't over Rafael and I don't expect you to be--" I cut him off by kissing him, "You talk too much," I whisper running my hand through his hair.  He smiles at me, "Sonny, I told you when I was with Rafael I still loved you, I still do, I'm just---scared..." I whisper. 

"Scared of what?" He asks, "You'll leave. You'll get tired of me, You'll cheat on me..." He gets in front of me and takes my hands, "I will never ever do that to you, Alisha, I could never hurt you, and if you'll give me a chance I'll prove it to you," he says and I smile at him, nodding slightly. "So, you'll be my girlfriend?" Sonny asks, I nod and smile brighter. He kisses me softly, and I hear Aurora begin to cry.

"I got it," Sonny says, "Baby, do you have milk coming out of your breast?" I ask him, "No?" "I think I'll take care of this one," I say standing up. I walk to her room and go to her crib. "Hi baby girl," I whisper picking her up. I sit down in the chair next to the crib and begin feeding her. 

Sonny leans against the door frame, "Does that hurt?" he asks, "Does what hurt?" I ask looking at him, "Her sucking on your nipple like that?" 

"No, she doesn't have teeth, it feels weird but it doesn't hurt," I explain. "How are you already so good at this mothering stuff?" Sonny asks, "I took care of a baby before I moved to New York, he was abandoned at a house we raided and so I took him in until we found a blood relative," I say and Sonny nods and sits next to me on the floor.

Soon Aurora is back to sleep but I continue to hold her and stare at her, I had never been so in love with a human before. Sonny looks up at me, and I look at him and for once I felt like I was actually where I was meant to be, like all my broken pieces had finally come together and maybe for once I'd actually be happy. 

I must've dozed off because I woke up in Sonny's bed, it was around 7 a.m. and I hear Sonny singing to Aurora, I smile and stand up. I walk to her room and hear, "you're beautiful, baby from the outside in, chase your dreams but always know the road that leads you home again, go on face on this big ol' world but to me you know you'll always be, my little girl..." 

"Didn't know you knew who Tim McGraw was," I say. "I heard you listening to that song a few weeks ago, I like it," I smile. "Good I'm glad, but I'm pretty sure you need to be gettin' work my dear," I say and take Aurora from him. 

"Do I have to go in?" He asks, "Yes baby, you have to go in. I'll come by a little later with Aurora and have everyone meet her okay?" I say kissing him softly on the lips. "Fine," He kisses my forehead, "I love you Ali," he says walking towards the door, "And I love you Sonny," He smiles and leaves.