3. New neighbour

Song list:

Calling you // blue October

Try hard // 5sos

Oceans // coasts

Maxie~

I took over driving for the night. Riley's had a hard day. Within five minutes of me driving she was passed out. It took about 7 hrs to get there, minus the meals and potty breaks. But we arrived at the dorm and immediately fell asleep on our beds.

*

"Maxie, wake uuuppppp." She dragged out the word and I opened my eyes slightly. Riley was (of course) walking around our room half naked and complaining about her hunger. I wobbled to some boxes (I'm assuming she brought in) and changed into my clothes.

"Riley we have to move stuff today, you might wanna put on some pants and a shirt that actually cover your junk."

She took a minute to decide and said, "I'll pass I'm more comfortable this way."

I rolled my eyes and strolled to the bathroom examining the flaws before me.

"Uggggggh." I stated trying to get these stupid knots out of my tangled hair.

"I think someone's here??" I heard Riley almost whisper to me.

"Well go check." I said, then after taking notice of her lack of clothing I sighed and walked over to our door. I opened it suprised to find a guy with black hair and dark eyes. He would have been intimidating to me but his baby face and body language told me otherwise.

"Hi I'm calum hood, your neighbour!" He said shaking my hand. I returned the guesture and introduced myself and Riley.

"Riley, come say hi to calum!" I yelled to her.

"Maxie do you recall the my situation at hand?" I rolled my eyes.

"Just put on some clothes you idiot!" I said snorting. Calum wiggled his eyebrows makin me laugh harder. She came out with her everything covered and shook calums hand.

"Well I just wanted to invite you dudets to the first party here." He says smiling still.

"Yeah, when is it. We might come." Riley said leaning her elbow on my shoulder.

"It's at 8:30 but if you wanna get to know some people then you might wanna come around 8:00. It should be really crowded."

"Okay we will try to show up." I said waving him goodbye. He said goodbye and we shut our door. Riley plopped on her unmade bed smiling like a toddler and asking repetivley, " can we go?!"

"Okay we can go, but we need to move all of our shit in first." She got out of bed and began moving things out of boxes and onto shelves.

*

Riley~

"WE FINISHED!!" I yelled at Maxie after I emptied the last box.

"Oh my god finally." She replied plopping on her bed. She sighs and rolls over to face me.

"So the next question is, what are you going to wear?" She asked me. What will I? I don't exactly have a lot of choices from my wardrobe. I'd like to show off my fabulous music taste, so band t shirt it is. And maybe I can wear my high waisted shorts and converse. Maxie came out in a Ramon's tank top with a long cardigan and some really short shorts. Like damn.

"This is okay right? I feel like everyone else is gonna wear tight dresses or skirts or ugh." She rolled her eyes and played with her sleeves.

"No one would care anyways because they can see half of your butt." I remarked and she snorted.

"Yeah okay. I need eyeliner."

I joined her in the bathroom and after stabbing my eyes multiple times from trying to apply waterline, I managed to look decent.

"You look hot." Maxie stated winking at me.

"Oh don't I always." I teased back and she flipped her hair around as she strutted out of the bathroom.

We grabbed our phones and some cash and left our dorm. As soon as we got into the hallway calum and another guy bumped right into us. I stumbled back but calum grabbed my hand before I fell.

"Sorry small hallway." The unknown man said giggling. He had golden brown curly hair like a mop on his head, tied down with a bandana. And hazel eyes that were glued on Maxie. Of course Maxie was oblivious to the tan boys stare.

"It's cool, I'm Riley." I said shaking his hand.

"I'm Ashton....Oh y'all are the hot neighbours calum was talking about-" Calum slapped his hand over Ashton's mouth and turned bright red.

"That's not exactly what I said....I uhm..." He stuttered getting more and more nervous by the second. To save him embarressment I helped Maxie introduce herself since she was too busy trying not to laugh at poor calum.

"This is my best friend Maxie." I said.

"Hi." She said turning to Ashton.

"Hey...." He responded letting their handshake linger. Calum interrupted the awkward tension.

"Well we were just on our way to the party. Do you want a lift?" He asked not looking quite red anymore.

"Yeah actually that'd be great." Maxie answered for me and followed Calum dragging me with her.

"So where is the party like at a frat house or something?" I asked looking over at Calum.

"Duh." He replied jokingly. I shoved his shoulder.

"Oh my well I formally apologize for not knowing everything about college." I remarked sarcastically. Ashton laughed and climbed into the passenger side of Calums car. Maxie and I pilled into the back seats while Calum started the car.