T E N

Alivia's POV

I sighed as I laid in my large bed watching the Lakers game. I should be courtside right now, but I decided to be the biggest asshole ever. Sometimes I just can't stop that voice in my head that tells me to not trust anyone. I laid in bed mad at myself as I watched the Lakers play the Pelicans. Kuz shot a perfect three when Mili walked into my room. She sat on the side of my bed with a water bottle in one hand and an unknown object cupped in the other.

"What's that?" I asked pointing to her hand.

"Lexapro." She told me trying to hand them to me but I pushed her hand away.

"I don't need those," I said focusing on the game.

"According to the doctor you do." She tried to hand them to me.

"Mili I don't need a pill to make me happy. If I want to be happy without touching a basketball or hanging with my friends I'll smoke a joint or something." I sighed as Zo went in for a reverse layup.

"Your goodie two shoe ass would never hit a blunt." She said making me laugh.

"There's the Alivia I know and love." She smiled as she sat the medicine and the water on the table.

"Scoot over bitch." She pushed me to the middle of my bed and got under the blanket with me.

"So what happened with you and Kuz tonight? We'd usually be sitting courtside right now." She turned on her side to face me.

"I guess you could say we got in a fight. Not physical of course. I would've beaten his ass." I laughed before my smiled fell.

"What were you guys mad about?" Mili asked running her fingers through her hair.

"He asked me when I was going to tell him about my anxiety and about my come aparts from last year. He told me that he wanted to help me, and I told him I didn't want his help." I told her making her expression instantly drop.

"Are you shitting me right now?" She asked obviously annoyed.

"Nope," I sighed as I watched Kuz pass Zo the ball and Zo shot a pretty good three.

"Alivia, you just told the one guy that has ever treated you right that you basically didn't want his love." She told me making her look at her confused.

"He doesn't love me," I told her quietly.

"Bullshit Alivia, you may not see it but everyone else does. From the way, he looks at you to the way he talks to you he does care about you. Why are you pushing someone who will care for you away?" She explained making me roll my eyes.

"Because he's not in it for me." I shot back trying to shut her up.

"Here we go again. The whole oh he's not in it for me and he will never love me petty bullshit. This happens everytime you like a guy. Alivia, do you really think I'd let a guy that does not care about you in our lives? I wouldn't let a guy like that into our lives especially after what happened with David." The moment she spoke his name more memories flooded my head.

"Don't you ever speak that asshole's name in this house ever again. I hate him and everything he did to us." My jaw clenched as I watched the Lakers game.

"I hate him too, but Alivia, not every male is like him." She said softly trying to calm me down.

"And how do you know that?" I don't want her getting hurt by trusting so many people.

"Trust," She spoke my least favorite word. I scoffed the moment I heard it.

"You act like that is easy for me." I sighed as the buzzer rang on the Laker's game. The Lakers ended up beating the Pelicans.

"I know what David did to you was so much worse than what he did to me, but at some point, you have to forget about that and live your life." I rolled my eyes as she tried to give me advice.

"Easier said than done." I scoffed picking up my phone to go through Instagram.

"You get so moody when we talk about this." She stood up and walked to the door. "I'm ordering postmates do you want anything?"

"Chick-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich please." I told her before she walked out of my room.

I sighed and grabbed my laptop. I pulled up Netflix and started watching an episode of the office. I got through a few episodes before I heard the door open and close downstairs. That postmates took half a day to get here.

"Liv, come down our postmates is here," Mili called and I lazily rolled out of bed.

I sighed as I walked down the stairs. When I got downstairs I heard Mili in the kitchen talking to someone. When I walked into the kitchen my eyes went wide.

"Ok, that's not postmates." I pointed at the large figure.

"Far from it baby girl," Kuz said as he walked towards.

"So we didn't get Chick-fil-a?" I questioned Mili confused.

"Nope, I told you we were getting it so I could get him here." She pointed at Kuz, who had a smirk plastered on his face.

"You both suck." I pointed at them.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked Kuz in confusion.

"You two need to hash this whole thing out," Mili said from behind us making me roll my eyes.

"You wanna talk outside?" I asked Kuz while pointing outside.

"Sure," He spoke before following me out onto the patio.

I sighed as I sat down on our outdoor couch that faced our large pool. Kuz sighed as he sat down beside me. We sat in an awkward silence for a few seconds before I spoke up.

"I don't even know what to talk about." I chuckled as I watched the California moon hit the water of our pool.

"Do you really not want me to be a part of your life?" He asked softly.

"I didn't mean a word I said this afternoon. I do want you in my life, but there is this voice in my head that tells me to trust no one. Sometimes I can't control it." I said as tears welled in my eyes.

"And that voice told you that I'm not in it for you and that you didn't want my help?" He asked in a monotone voice.

"Basically," I said as a tear fell from my eye. I quickly wiped it away not wanting Kuz to see me cry.

"Alivia look at me." He told me making me look up at him. His expression dropped when he saw the tears in my eyes.

"I'm here for you and only you." He pulled me close to him. He wrapped his long arms around me and ran his fingers through my hair.

"Thank you." I sighed as started to feel comfortable in his arms.

I breathed in his masculine scent as he sat there holding me. I have never felt comfortable or protected in a man's arms. There is something about Kyle that made him seem like I could truly trust him. Ever since I was young I thought men were terrible creatures that could not be trusted but he was different. He was good.