I

"..You have to get to town and converse with the mayor about our new arrangement around midday... " by that point, the raven-haired boy had quit listening. The king's words went in one ear, and directly out the other. He would have respected him more, if that ruler, wasn't his father. Prince Keith didn't need to listen to his day by day obligations, for a servant would come and advise him when he needed to complete something, and on the off chance that he could get away with it, he would get somebody to do it for him. Keith simply nodded along, hoping he'd get the opportunity to return to his room any moment now. As soon as his father let him go, he made his way back to his bedroom, but not without being escorted by one of the maids. The boy was used to this by now. He'd felt bad for the workers when he was younger. The prince couldn't stand the sight of their clothes, which were significantly less expensive than his. Keith's first nanny had passed away right around the time he'd turned twelve, and since then, he hasn't cared for any of the other servants or maids. His praise, thank yous, and sorrys had turned into silence, which of course, most have gotten used to by now.

      Keith didn't have much to entertain him, so most of the time, he wound up leaning on the balcony railing, and watching the kids in the town play tug-o-war and tag. The boy used to go to the town to play with other children, but if his father found out, he would be executed. A couple of years ago, the prince returned home with a small stain on the hem of his shirt, and he was thrown into the dungeon for two days.  

      He shuddered at the memory. Keith watched as one of the young boys stumbled over the rope, and began to cry. It was like a play. His "show" was rudely interrupted when his bedroom door opened. A male who looked to be his age cautiously stepped in, and opened his mouth to speak. His name was on the tip of Keith's tongue. Nobody had let him know directly, or maybe they have, but he never listened. On the off chance that he knew, that meant he had heard somebody say it around the kingdom.

       "Ever heard of knocking, dipshit?" the raven-haired male spat, earning a shocked look from the servant, who immediately bowed his head and apologized.
"Pardon me your majesty, but the carriage is here to bring you to-"
"Just go do it for me, but make sure that King Kogane doesn't find out." Keith demanded.
"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why don't you call him 'father'?"
    The prince stood there in silence, and the boy was visibly uncomfortable.
"Get to work."