2- Welcome to Hell, Juarez

Reyna's POV:

I spent close to an hour the next morning looking through my usual outfits, vans, sweatpants, leggings, black tees, black tanks, gray sweaters, gray cardigans...nothing screamed new start like old clothes. Sighing I rummaged like crazy through all my favorite band tees and dark pants before finding two pieces of clothing I normally would cringe at- A light blue button down and white skinny jeans. I was guarenteed my mother had bought me these for some fancy event I probably ditched my way out of. It was extremely preppy and pretty, definetely not me. Or at least, the old me.

I groaned in frustration. Dropping the attitude would mean dropping the image too. I looked to the floor where all my shoes were scattered carelessly. I rummaged around before again finding something else I had yet to get used to.

Heels.

I slipped into the outfit and stepped in the heels, looking in the mirror for the first time in a while. I mean much like Tarryn, we looked messy most of the time. It was the usual thing, we might have glanced in the mirror once a day. 

I let out a shriek, my jaw falling open. My hair was in its usual state of a messy bun and last nights makeup was all smudged around my face, but in comparason to my outfit, it was like the transition was visible from the new to the old, fading up like a gradient. 

I rushed to the bathroom and washed my face of the nasty dark makeup and let my hair fall down into what was a somewhat nice mess of half done waves. 

I looked at my face again, clear of the black and fresh with just the natural blue of my eyes. This was a major change, though it might not seem like it, in my eyes I didn't even look like me. Maybe I didn't need makeup? No, at least use mascara, you  look like a deadbeat white girl. I ignored my concious and ran out the door before i could go back and revert to my old ways.

 Here goes nothing.

Yeah, okay. 

**

I knew it wouldn't be long until I ran into Tarryn, and I hoped that she either didn't say anything to our friends, or that they would be understanding. Though I expected neither, I could only hope for the best. 

The drive to school was tense. Like really nerve wracking. My hands were shaky on the steering wheel the whole time, and my feet were unsteady in the damn shoes. I mentally cursed myself for the whole way for not sticking with sneakers.

When I arrived to school, I waved hi and stopped for brief conversation with some of my classmates, who seemed to be eying my outfit in shock but not saying aything at all to my surprise. Some people just turned and stared as I made my way down the halls. I wasnt sure how to handle all of this all of the sudden.It sure wasn't the same as my usual mornings with Tarryn.

After parting ways with some other people and being eyed more than I'd  liked, my name was called out from behind me.

"Hey, Reyna Juarez, is that you!?"

I turned around and found myself face to face with a boy who I would have normally steered clear of completely, as well as the rest of my group.

Hunter Hastings was the typical, cliche hot piece of testasterone in my school, with his slick blonde hair, tall phisique, and piercing green eyes. He was on the school football team, and also on the Principal's Honor student list. Never once would anyone see him with the kind of friends I used to have. 

Tarryn has the biggest crush on him, like all the other girls in this school. She'd never have a chance, not because she wasn't pretty, but just because she was trashy. Hunter only dated the preppy girls in school, I'd seen him myself. He talked to only a certain type of girls, the girls like him, smart, perfect.