Your Lips

*Irene*

"What did you tell him?" Irene questioned while slamming the bedroom door shut. "Why are you-?"
"I haven't even said anything yet and you're already getting defensive." Sehun started fidgeting with the collar around his neck before traveling to the vest coat. "I shouldn't be surprised." He mumbled under his breath while avoiding eye contact.
"Defensive? I go out to meet you and instead, I find a note telling me you'll be here! What are you doing?" She snatched his arm after he dropped his vest to the floor; her eyes lingered on his fingers- which sat delicately on the buttons of his dress shirt- before moving up to his face for an answer.
"Calm down." He gently peeled her hand away in amusement. "I know you didn't get rid of everything; I just needed to dress for the occasion."
Joo-hyun fumed and watched her friend raid her closet for the rare amount of clothes he had left. "If you're going to apologize to me, do it and leave."
He paused and pulled out an orange coat. "I feel bad for him, you know? He isn't the most decent person, but at least he tries." It fell quiet, the rustling of cloth being the only sound from inside the room.
She moved from her place in the center and sat at the vanity with a bowed head, her chest tight as she wondered about the relationship she had with Jin. "What have I lied to him about? You? Me? I'm doing what any sensible person would do-."
"Sensible? He knows about the letter, Irene." Said woman's head shot up, only to have to cast her eyes back to the floor with blazing cheeks at his naked chest. She'd never seen him like this before and it was shocking, to say the least. "I wouldn't be surprised if he left."
"He wouldn't." Irene faced her friend again, standing this time, more relaxed and comfortable than before. Although he was still bare-chested, he'd thrown on the jacket. "We made a promise."
Sehun spoke a second later. "A promise? Do you know anything about him? He's hurt people, Irene. He isn't... Don't look at me like that."
She turned her head, disappointment and doubt brimming her eyes. "How can't I?"
A sigh of regret and frustration passed through his lips. "I'm telling you these things and doing this because I- because I love you."
Irene peeked over and watched the young man laying out on the bed, looking serious and forlorn. "That's why you tried convincing me to leave?"

 "That's why you tried convincing me to leave?"

"I was looking out for you. There's no leverage to keep you held in someone else's promise so why should you go through with it? Because that's what you've been told your entire life? You're not just a promise, Irene." Sehun sat up and patted the spot beside him, sounding passionate about the subject.
Joo-hyun carefully walked over and joined his side, trying to hide tinted cheeks. "I've never looked at it that way before." But, what about Seok-jin? Before and shortly after they met, he had to have seen it- seen her- that way. Maybe he still did. What was she thinking? It'd been less than a week since they met. Of course he would.
"Be honest with me, Irene." He inched closer and closed the gap so their shoulders touched.
Said woman moved away, taken back by the sudden closeness that caused her heart to race. "I am."
"I don't mean that." A pause. "Do you see me as more than just a friend?"
Irene swallowed. Why did he have to ask? "Answer my question first. What did you tell him?"
Sehun bowed his head as he gave a light chuckle. "If you want him to like you, don't hide the things that make you look bad."
She sat there and took time to digest what he was saying. So, this- secretly meeting Sehun- made Jin think of her in a different light? It made a considerable amount of sense while lacking the desire to. "He already knew about the letter and was suspicious, but that doesn't exactly answer what I asked you."
"You've changed. You're not the same Irene I know from my childhood; you're closed off and lie, hold back the truth even if it's silly. He has to be...careful."
That wasn't quite what Irene expected but Sehun was wrong. She'd always been this way. She didn't want to call it lying, but what kept her from being completely honest was the possibility of someone getting hurt and she couldn't cope with that. "I...see." Disappointed, it was her turn to honestly answer his question. "I've...thought about it before. You and me. But I don't know if I see us as the thing you want."
"Then what is it?"
"A...something. I don't quite know, Sehun." Why was it so difficult to say how she felt? Why couldn't she explain? Two simple words.
"I'll get going soon but," He started, his words bringing her to look into his eyes. "Could I ask for one favor?" She gave a small nod, staying where she was as he leaned in. She had an idea of what this 'favor' could be and honestly, a part of her wanted to grant it; just to see what it was like, just to experience him one time, just to reassure herself. "Could I...kiss you?" Joo-hyun nodded again and closed her eyes, feeling a light tingle in her lower stomach when he brushed her cheek with a thumb; his hand moved to cup her face but he stopped, his breath already heavy. Instead, Sehun cradled her chin and with much eagerness and softness, he met her lips.
Irene had to admit she enjoyed it probably more than he did. Her heart was soaring and her stomach was a fluttering mess. She didn't know what to do in those few moments they sat there in peace, one's lips against the other's.
A sudden creek in the doorway quelled those feelings and brought her to push him away and turn in the direction of the door. No one. The door was still closed but for some reason, she felt incredibly uneasy; she stood from the bed only to have Sehun grab her wrist.
"What are you doing?" He asked, trying to pull Joo-hyun back.
"You can't tell me you didn't hear that." Joo-hyun removed his hand and again, headed for the door. Halfway there, she realized the door was still closed and relaxed a little. However, she couldn't shake the feeling someone had been here.
________________________________
Ohh, they been caught
-
If you haven't noticed, I'm awful at replying to comments. I don't know if that's why no one comments anymore but I'd appreciate your opinions and feelings on the chapter if you have the time ❤️