Chapter 1: My Prince

Lucy P.O.V.
    I walk down the grand hall way for what I thought the last time, I look behind me as my father's study door shuts. I run to my room and start sobbing. I want to stay, but I cannot take him anymore. I need to leave, I need to go and make something of myself, I can't hear about a man I've never meet to get married to anymore. He may be my father, but it's going to be my future. I don't care if he wants to expand his wealth, I'm not going to do it, I'm going to marry a man I fall in love with. I pack a quick bag, grab some money, my keys, and I leave. I'm going to go and join Fairy Tail, and I'm going to be as powerful as possible.
    Everyone knows my story. I wander around the world for a year, then I meet Natsu. I didn't know it at the time but I was starting to fall in love with him, or at least I thought I was. After the Grand Magic games I fell for sting, and he is where my story really begins. At that time Natsu would flirt with me everyone once in a while, but the real love of my life is going to be him, it's just a shame it never lasted. At the games I would go for walks at the night, and he found me a few times so Sting would come and walk with me, here's how it happened.
    I was walking around the shops one night, when I heard him.
    "Hey, blondie, your from Fairy Tail aren't you? Ya know your going to lose." I look behind me and see him, but it wasn't love at first sight, that doesn't exist. He was wearing his usual royal blue crop vest and matching pants. He has a huge smile plastered on his face.
    "Your wrong, we have  motive, a driving a force. We have reason to keep fighting. I want to be there for our guild, it was so amazing in being there for me, there is now way I couldn't return the favor in some small way, and that's by winning." I smiled right back at him. I know I caught him by surprise, it was obvious in the way he was looking at me. "My name is Lucy by the way, not the blondie from Fairy Tail." I reach my hand out to shake his. He looks at my hand then at me. He gives a goofy smile that was on parr with Natsu's.
    "I'm Sting. It's great to meet you." He pulls me into him with a huge bear hug. I was caught off guard at first but I gave him a hug right back. "Okay, I'm going to get to get to know you and figure out what your about, and why in the world your part of Fairy Tail instead of Sabertooth."
    "Sounds like I need to figure the same thing about you then. Imma call it now, you act tough, but you are the sweetest guy ever."
    "The only way to do that is to spend time with each other. Do you want to meet here tomorrow night, and we can go on a date, and figure each other, how does that sound to you?"
    "It sounds, wonderful, but what time are we going to say?"
    "How about, and hour after the games are over. What do you think?"
    "That sounds perfect."
    "Great, I also get you tonight too. It's ten now, I'll get you back to your hotel at midnight, is that alright?"
    "Yeah, that will be perfect, what are we going to do tonight anyways?" So we went around the town. Sting told me about when he was a kid, how he is also a dragon slayer, he too was looking for his, but he also said he had to kill his dragon father. I look at him and I can see all the sorrow in his eyes, just from telling the story. So I tell him about my father, trying to force me to marry.    
    "That's one thing that'll never actually sound fine. The only time someone is allowed to get married is after they fall in love, but not before." Sting says as we walk past the gardens next to the castle.
    "Yeah I can def-" The castle clock starts to ding signaling that it was midnight. "Oh crap. I need to get back, Natsu is going to start freaking out." We start walking back, and Sting slips his hand in mine.
"Why would he?"
"He's like a protective older brother, and if he sees me with you, then he will try and fight you."
"So, there is no romantic history between you guys?"
"No, like I said, he's like a brother to me. Natsu is the reason I'm at Fairy Tail though, so he really does mean a lot to me. He is one of the few people I can really trust."
"But you don't want him to see us together."
"Not until the games are over, he would be overly competitive, more than normal."
"So, what if we put a little wager on the games?" Sting walks and stands right in front of me with his arms folded. "Whose ever guild loses makes the journey to the other one first."
"That sounds like an amazing plan, you should just go buy your ticket." I take a step closer to him so I was super close to him.
We stopped to see the hotel come into sight. I drop Sting's hand, and we start to hug goodbye, until he grabs my waist and kisses me.
"Goodnight Lucy. I'm going to be here one hour after the games are over and we are going to have an amazing night, and your going to have an amazing day in the arena tomorrow." He walks away as if nothing is really happening. I go straight up to the room, but I can hardly keep the guidance suppressed. I was about to open the door when Natsu did. He was standing there with his arms folded over his chest looking down at me.
"Where in the world have you been Lucy? You have been gone all night! Can't you at least tell us if your going to be late?" He looked as if he was just to about explode.
"Do I really have to tell you what my every move is going to be? Natsu I am my own person and there is no law that says I need to report to you."
"No, there's not, but don't you think we were worried about you all night. We were about to go out and start searching for you." Natsu puts his hand on my back. "Luce, were all worried about you because we are all your family." He started to move closer to me, but I remembered how wonderful it was to just be with Sting, his hand felt so different on my back.
"I think we're all tired. I'm going to go to bed." I step back then into the room. Natsu shots the door behind me. He goes and falls asleep on the bed, so I just bunk on the couch. I couldn't seem to fall asleep for hours, I was too busy wondering what Sting will look like tomorrow, and how he looked at me. I kept telling myself it's stupid, that it's really nothing new, but there was really something different about Sting, something that I couldn't get out of my head. Finally when I went to sleep Natsu woke everyone up to start getting ready. I put the same clothes on as we had to wear yesterday, but I spent a little more time doing my hair, and a little bit more on my makeup.
"Come on Lucy we need to get going, the games are starting soon." He looks me up and down. "Your going to be fighting you shouldn't' look pretty." I roll my eyes and walk past him, but I felt just a little bit better that he thought I looked pretty. When we got to the arena the games were just about to start. We went to our spot and started the games. I told Erza that I'm going to walk around so I left as there was a short break in between matches. I was walking around a corner when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me aside. I was about to start yelling and screaming but it was only Sting. He had me against a wall.   
"My god, you look great today, I just wanted to let you know that you can just come straight back to Saber when were done with the games. I look forward to your coming, everything will be clean and wonderful for you."
"Well, it's a good thing your going to have a humble start at Fairy Tail then isn't it?"He comes in closer and was about to kiss me when I heard Natsu yelling.
"Lucy! The games are starting again! Where are you? Elfman is in this one!"
"Bye, see you later." I slip out and start walking to where Natsu was looking the other way. After the chariot race he seemed to be having some trouble smelling me out.
"Great! Let's go watch him." I glance behind me and see Sting walk out looking my way. We give each other a smile then keep going.