Shuichi's Attempt

(Let's start this off with some angst.

Warning: Suicidal thoughts/actions.)

"Why....?"

Shuichi whispered the question in a low voice, a shaky voice at that. He was sitting on the floor, in the corner, of his bathroom. Both of his sleeves were rolled up, showing the various cuts he had given himself. On the sink was a razor blade, specifically one that he had been using to cut himself with. The blood on the sharp edges had formed a small puddle around the weapon, and there were small drops on the floor from his wrists.

At some point he decided to get up, knowing he would have to get some kind of sleep. The nighttime announcement had gone off a while ago, and Shuichi had been locked up in his bathroom the whole time. He put his hands on the sink, using it as support as he stood up. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, and cringed at how he looked.

His skin was a deathly pale color, and his face was stained with tears. His eyes were dull to the center, dulled over with shades of gray. He looked.... dead. He had lost a significant amount of weight over the past few weeks, extremely malnourished and  thin.

He looked down at his wrists, which were slashed and oozing out blood. He had been cutting himself before he had been kidnapped and dragged here, this place had just made the action more frequent. Old scars and new ones were practically overlapping each other, but they were all being covered up now by the liquid that kept him alive.

Turning on the sink, he washed the blood off of his arms so he could reapply bandage wrappings to his forearms. He winced at the stinging feeling that came as the water washed into his cuts, but he had become used to it over the years. He wrapped the bandages around his forearms, pulling his sleeves down soon afterwards.

He stared at the bloody razor blood on the sink, and decided to leave it there for the night. He would wash it off in the morning when he woke up, before he headed to the Dining Hall. He dragged himself to his bed, passing by his shelf full of "Hidden Monokuma" dolls. He collapsed onto his bed, but he couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard he tried.

His eyes started to fill with more teaes as he thought about his cutting. He couldn't remember what had happened to him to make him start harming himself, he just knew that he had been doing it long before this place. He had wanted to stop cutting his wrists, to stop wanting to die, but he just couldn't. He was addicted to the pain, the scars, the flow of his blood... God, what was wrong with him?

He didn't want the others to find out about his suicidal thoughts and actions. Korekiyo would probably say something that was highly disturbing, about how "beautiful" humanity was. Miu would probably just laugh in his face, and brush it off because he was a virgin. Kaito would either say something motivational that didn't make sense, or he would punch him in the face. Kokichi... God, he didn't even want to imagine what kind of sick joke the Ultimate Supreme Leader would make out of this.

And.... Kaede..... what would Kaede say....?

The thoughts of his friends finding out about his suicidal behavior made him want to cry, and he did. He could have stopped the tears from leaving his eyes, but he didn't. He had to cry himself to sleep if he wanted any rest at all.

And so he did, dreading what would come when he woke up.

~~~~

"Good morning, Shuichi!"

Shuichi forced a smile onto his face as he saw Kaede approach him, being her usual cheerful and optimistic self. He would hate if anything took that smile away, but he feared that it would be him himself that ruined that bright look.