Chapter 2 - Past or Present

Not So Innocent
MyJaffStories©2018

~

“CEREESE, kailangan ko iyong presentation na ibinigay sayo ni Engr. Lacoste para sa renovation ng H. Hotels sa Surigao.” It was Calvin Aiton Heluxus who called her early this morning.

“I'm about to send it to you anyway.” She said while brushing her hair and looking at the mirror. She was preparing herself to go at Hotel. “Clyde's going?” Pababa na siya ng hagdan, sinalubong siya ng isang maid para buhatin ang dala niyang ilang papeles.

Cereese went to the kitchen to have her coffee.

“No, you're going. Alam mo naman si Clyde, wala tayong aasahan sa kanya. He's busy flinging around with his girls, baka mapabayaan niya lang ang renovation ng Hotel sa Surigao kapag siya ang pumunta.”

She looked at the man, sitting at the main chair of the dining table. He was looking at her with a pissed expression all over his face, early this morning.

He's up, e?

“I'm okay with that. Maybe I can ask my secretary for my flight to Surigao on 13th,” Pinaghila siya ng upuan ng kasambahay kaya naupo naman siya roon. They served her, her favorite latte. “How about you? You're not going?”

“I'm in charge at the renovation of H. Hotel in Boracay.”

Tumango tango naman siya na para bang nakikita siya ng kapatid.

“Anyway, I saw at the newspaper that Laxus Ausiryo is back? Is he bothering you again?”

Napasulyap siya sa binatang tinutukoy ng kapatid bago niya ito sinagot. “Not really,”

“Green can handle him, Cereese. Don't stress yourself too much.”

“I know.” She said casually.

“Bye Cereese. Take care. Love you.”

“Love you too...” Kumunot ang noo ni Laxus. “...kuya.” Aniya saka ibinaba ang tawag.

Tahimik ang hapag nang wala ng katawagan si Cereese sa kabilang linya. Honestly, she didn't expect him up to this morning. Laxus usually had his breakfast around 10AM. That's why she's surprise to see him early here. It's just 6:30AM!

“If you're busy enough to your own family business, why don't you let me handle the SCC?”

She wanted to sigh. They're going to talk about this again?

“I can give up being the Vice President of H. Hotels for SCC.” She answered casually before sipping at her coffee.

She saw the side of his lips curved into sarcasm. “Why? Because SCC has a lot of money than being a Vice President of your family's business?”

“My husband asked me to took care of SCC, Laxus.”

“You forced him to give the rights to you by killing him! You're a gold digger bitch, Cereese.”

Halos padarag na ibagsak niya ang hawak na tasa. “How can you say that to the woman who was born with wealth and power?” She explained. “You're not making any sense here, Laxus. Just give it up.”

“Your family's money isn't enough to woo your needs, right? That's why you married my brother and eventually killed him, just all for money.”

The conversation isn't going somewhere. She's tired explaining to him her side. But she's not going to give up what's right. She's innocent. Period.

“I didn't kill your brother. The people around me knows how much I loved him. Even in his death, I want to be with him. I love him with all my heart... Even my soul is in love with him. Everyone knows that I am willing to do everything for him. I can even exchange my life for his, if only its possible...”