22

She rang the door bell more than once before it was answered. What was it with the inhabitants of this house and not getting the door on time, she thought.

“Hello Michael,” she said when at last the door was opened.

“Martha, what are you doing here?” he asked in a less than friendly manner.

“I came to talk to you, can I come in?” she asked.

He turned around without saying anything, leaving her by the open door. Martha took that as an invitation, albeit a rude one.

“How are you,” she asked as she got into the house.

He spread his arms open. “As you can see,” he said turning left and then right. He did not look too good, his eyes were bloodshot, and his hair and beard had grown and become untamed.

Martha found herself a chair to sit in, she began lowering herself into it when he said;

“I never said you could sit, whatever it is you’re here for shouldn’t take long so I don’t see the need to sit,” he said.

“How rude,” Martha mumbled, but rose to her feet. She did not  know Michael too well, but he’d always come off as an easy going nice man, apparently that wasn’t the case today.

“So, how can I help you?”

“She’s pregnant Michael,” Martha said without preamble.

“That is what you came here for? Did she send you here?” Michael asked.

“She’s carrying your child Michael, I know you’re hurting but you’re not the only victim here, she’s not enjoying this you know.” Said Martha.

“She isn’t?” he asked.

“I can assure you that she’s not,” Martha answered.

“Why not, wasn’t this the plan all along, to deceive and make a fool of me. Well, she succeeded, she should be happy.”

“Michael, don’t be like that. You know very well that she’s not happy. If anything she’s miserable.”

“So what am I supposed to do about that?”

“I don’t know, talk to her or something. She’s pregnant, and alone."

“Are you done?” he asked
“What?”

“Are you done, or is there something else you’d like to tell me,” said Michael.

“Michael you need–"
“If you’ve got nothing else to say, then leave my house Martha,” he said, cutting her off.

“Do you not hear the words that are coming out of my mouth Michael, she’s alone and pregnant with your child. Who knows what could be going through her mind”

“She can go to hell for all that I care. She and the pregnancy, And while she’s there. She can say hello to her slut of a sister for me. Now leave my house.”

Martha stood with her mouth agape. “You’re going to regret this Michael,” she said after recovering from the initial shock of hearing him say such hateful things.

“Call me when you start to do so,” she said, taking out a card from her purse and dropping it on the table.

*"*"*"*"*
Vote and comment.
Thanks.