Baseball

Ellas pov

"Go on I want to see you in action" I giggled as Jasper wrapped his muscular arms around the top of my shoulders and pecked my cheek gently. My heart felt full again for a moment but as soon as jaspers coldness left my body, I felt the hollow pit creeping way back into my stomach.
I watched as Jasper ran off towards his family with a brand new bat Carlisle had bought them all new bats as the last ones had been destroyed in another game.

"But why do you guys need the thunder?" I walked over to Bella and Esme as they discussed the reasons why vampires couldn't play baseball in normal weather.
"Oh you'll see" Emmet said snickering as he walked past us with Rosalie giving Bella a first class glare.
I glared back at Rosalie making sure she saw me and she just flipped her hair and walked off swinging her bat.

"It's time" Carlisle said and he threw the ball the Emmet who was pumping himself up.
"I've been waiting all year for this" Emmet smirked as he threw the ball just before a large clap of thunder rocketed from the bat that Jasper swung hitting the ball perfectly.

"They'll never catch it, that's got to be a homerun right?" Bella asked as she observed her mate running into the forest after the ball Jasper had hit.

"Edwards very fast, faster than any off us" Esme seemed to dotte on Edward after all his is the youngest in terms of human age.
"I can see why you need the thunder though" Bella nodded in agreement. I stood by them watching the thrill of their almost exoticly fluid movement.

Jasper ran up to Esme and hit his bat on the stump signalling he had finished his round. He looked beautiful, so at peace and completely in the moment as he high fived Alex and they gave eachother a bro hug.

"You know I would have put you out, if Emmett didn't get in the way" Edward playfully pushed Jasper catching him off guard.

"Alright guys take it easy, don't want no broken bones" Carlisle joked and the Cullen family laughed.
I stood with Bella as we looked at the family interact with eachother. How could anyone think that they are monsters.
"Sometimes I wish I was one of them" Bella stated looking longingly at Edward as he turned and caught her eye, he waved and shouted.

"Bella you'll be our look out!" He laughed as Rosalie growled at him and swung her bat.
"Well this should be easy" Emmett smirked walking past Rosalie as he tapped her bottom.

"You wish" Rosalie hit her ball as Alice swung. Everything was a complete blur and suddenly the ball was in Esme's hands before rose could get there.

Rose glared up at Bella as Bella declared she was out.

"Nice kitty" Emmett said and he grabbed his fuming mate by her waist taking her away to cool of. Although rose always seemed incredibly highly strung.

A pair of muscular cotton clad arms wrapped around my waist and the intoxicating smell of autumn filled my surroundings.
"How you doing love?" He settled his head on top of mine slightly rocking us back and forth.
"Still adjusting.... but I'm getting there" I said turning around and looked up at him. His signature lopsided grin was on his Angel alabaster face. His eyes bore into mine and he frowned slightly.

"You haven't been injecting yourself again... why, I don't understand do you not want to li- jaspers hands come to either side of my face as he searched me for answers, it was like my face was a treasure map and the treasure is my heart.

"I'm trying my best Jasper, it just hurts... it's too much sometimes" I interupted Jasper and his face softened. He pulked me close so that my head could rest against his chest. His arms coiled around me like woven threads or protective wings.

"Oh love I'm sorry, thing I though was best for you ended up just making  everything so much worse" he huffed and readjusted himself around me.
He lifted my head to look up at him and sighed shaking his head.