Red Roses

Chapter Five
~~~~~~~~~~

The kiss was... I'm not entirely sure. But I know that I liked it.

No, it wasn't some dramatic, deep, emotion-filled frenzy. It was pleasant and smooth. Not forced or rough or anything like that.

Carson's voice startled me, "I- Wh- Maybe I should-"

"No, don't wor-"

"I really should get-"

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!" Slurred an insanely fimiliar voice.

Shit. Did she see any of that? Hear any of the initially awkward bits of shortened conversation? No!

"ALLY!" The voice-- Jolie's-- spat.

"Sorry, Jo. Let's uh- go." I stammered cautiously. I swung my head around to look for Carson, but found nobody but a few drunken people on the lawn. Great. I scared him off.

"I looooooooooooooove youuuuuuuuuuuuu..." She mumbled almost incoherantly.

I nodded as we half-ran across the driveway and slammed our car doors shut.

Then I drove away like hell was at my heels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Present Day, Jolie's POV)

I remember Ally filling me in the next day about the party, including the kiss. It hadn't struck me when I was partially off my rocker that it was Carson Grey she'd been hanging out with. And ya'know, MAKING out with. No biggie, I guess. PSH?!

I wonder how he's doing...

Grabbing my keys, I ran out the door without a word to Keith.

I knocked on the door to the small white house and stood nervously on the proch, waiting for an answer from the inhabitants.

A messy-haired Carson showed up, clad in just pajama pants and socks.

"Hi..." I started, cautiously.

"Jolie, is it?" He asked, scratching his unruly hair and messing it up even more. It was actually kind of cute-- No! Stop! No bueno! Gah! Okay, FOCUS.

"Y-yeah. Um, is this a bad time? 'Cause I can-"
"No, you're good. Uh, come in?" He gestured towards the inside of his house.

I nodded curtly and stepped .inside. Surveying the surroundings in front of me, I saw a typical house for any family.

A slightly tattered sofa was on the wall on the left, a TV with a stand, shelves holding DVD's on either side. If you looked to the right, a staircase stood, and to the left, the kitchen. A small and simple home. I liked it.

"So... Not to be rude or anything but... Why are you here? We don't-- We don't talk."

I shook my head, "I'm sorry, I uh. Well I was just thinking of a memory with--" I recondisered my words and regretted coming here in he first place, "Um... I should leave..."

"No!" He cleared his throat, "I mean uh, no... Please don't. Tell me."

So I told him about the party.

BIG mistake.

Next thing I knew, he was throwing stuff and tears streaked his alabaster skin.

"Carson! Carson-- STOP!" I cried.

"No, it's not fair! She shouldn'tve done what she did! People cared about her, Jolie! I cared about her! Why did she have to go? I just... I wish I would've stayed there for her. Supported her..." He viciously wiped his face.

"We all do, Carson..."
"No! You don't understand!"
"YES I DO!"
"No you DON'T!"
"CARSON LOGAN GREY!"

"Well damn... You whipped out the middle name. Shot just got serious..."

I smiled weakly, "Now I know why she had a MASSIVE crush on you..." I wiped a tear.

"She what?"

Oh shit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Short, I know. But I just had to get this bit in and I couldn'tve done it in the last chapter. I feel like it would've been too much.

Well It's like midnight, so I'm gonna go!

~xo~
Ally.(;