Chapter 7: I'm Not Weak

"So... Izuku... When did you two meet?" Denki asked with a small smirk.

"Uhm.. I work for his family a-actually"

Denki would look back at me for a moment then laughed.

What's so funny?

I pouted then stared at the ground, wishing for Kacchan to say something.
"Dating a worker, nice move, Bakugo!"

Kacchan glared at his friend before shouting, "It's only for today!"

This caused his friend to burst out laughing once more- Jirou couldn't help but giggle as well.
I glanced at the two then to Kacchan- "Uhm..."
My attention was then drawn to a lake that we were walking by.
It was really pretty...
I moved away from group then walked through some bushes until I reached a small area of land then knelt down, poking my finger in the cool water.

A little fish swam past my finger which felt a little weird since some of its scales touched my nail.
I quickly pulled my phone out then took a picture of the lake, posting it onto my social media account... Why I had one... I don't know.

Once I stood up and turned around, I was less than an inch away from my 'date'.
"Oh uhm... Hi, K-Kacchan. Sorry I just- the water looked so pretty and I-"

My face went red.
He quickly kissed my cheek then started to head back to the path, "Hurry up!" He told me.

"R-Right...!"

I placed my hand on my cheek and smiled brightly, surprised yet happy that he did that...

I ran back, trying my best to hide my reddened face.
"Sorry! I just wanted to look at the lake real quick..."

"It's alright," Jirou said softly.
"The area is pretty"

I smiled, agreeing to her words.
As time passed on, we all came to the end of the trails, now back at the entrance of the park.
"That was nice..." I mumbled, poking my fingers together.

"Yeah! Let's get some lunch!" Denki smiled brightly as he clapped his hands together.
Jirou looked at her phone, "We can go to the cafe that's not too far from here," she suggested.

"Sounds like a plan" Kacchan grumbled- I can't tell if he wants to be here or not...
We all followed the quiet girl to the cafe, which was really pretty both inside and out.

Our little group took a seat outside then waited for a waiter to come take our orders.
I stared at the menu- thankfully, the items were cheap.

"Everything seems so good... Kacchan," I turn to face him, "What do you plan on getting?"

He didn't bother looking up at me but said, "Probably a turkey sandwich and some iced tea"

I looked back at the menu, thinking.
"Erm... Who's paying...?"

"I am," Denki smiled.
"Are you sure?"
He would nod his head.
Now I felt bad...

"I'll uhm... Go with the uh- the chicken salad and an iced tea" I said quietly to Denki.
"Aight! What about you love?" He asked as he turned to face his girlfriend.

"I'll go with a salad and an iced coffee"

Denki called over a nearby waiter then ordered everyone's food.
He ended up getting some baked pretzels and a sandwich with a soda.
As time passed, the waiter returned with their food.
"If you'd like to order anything else or have questions or problems, please don't hesitate to call for me"
Then, the waiter walked away.

Everyone dug into their food but I awkwardly nibbled my chicken salad after putting it on a piece of bread.
I felt something poke my thigh.
I look down- it was a finger. I look over to my right, seeing that Kacchan was fixated on my thigh for some reason...
He kept poking it.
Uh...
"Kacchan...?" I whisper to him.
"What?"
"Why are you poking me?"