Chapter 17: Safe

KANA POV

"NO, we can't pitch here, the camp will flood. Scarlett told me you should never camp near a lake." I screeched, as Izzy tried to put down the tent near a stream. Amateur.

"But we need a water supply—"

"Yes, yes, but not that near!" Dawn yelled, "I'm agreeing with Kana here, that's too close to the edge."

"Fine, fine." Izzy sighed in defeat and gathered the tent in her arms to stuff back into our bag.

The twins and Charlie were climbing the trees. Their climbing was so skilful that they were already at the top and were now jumping across like monkeys. The rest of us followed below, jumping over fallen trees and rocks. Suddenly, there was a yell from above and I looked up so fast that I almost got whiplash.

"Guys, I see a building. It looks like it's empty! There's no cars or anything! We can pitch around it!" Charlie shouted down to us.

"Lead the way, Char!" I hollered. She nodded and began swooping from tree to tree so quickly that she was a blur.

*
We arrived at the clearing and Charlie leapt down from the canopy, landing right in front of me. The twins followed, smirking to themselves. What had they done now?

Charlie knelt down to tie her shoes and I noticed a large sign on her blue jumper; kick me.

Ollie put a finger to his mouth, motioning us not to say anything. I rolled my eyes at him but obliged. Charlie stood up again and rolled up her sleeves, still not realising anything was wrong.

"Right," she said, "Should we unpack now?"

*
We split into groups to get everything done. Dawn was busy 'revamping' the little cabin. Her words, not mine.

The twins, with Ethan, had gone to get food. There were plenty of lakes and bushes in this area to get all the supplies we needed, and we still had money from our mentors. None of us were old enough to apparate so if we wanted to buy something it would have to be a day trip because of how long the walk would take. Charlie and I were putting up charms with the two wands that Scarlett had stolen from some death eaters who tried to infiltrate her camp.

"Y'know, you should probably be aware  that the twins—"

"Yeah, I know. They stuck a sign to my back. I felt them do it, but I'm not going to spoil their fun. Let them have this."

I was surprised that she was aware of it and hadn't gone after them with a rock or something. Charlie wasn't a pretty sight when she was mad.

"Oh, okay then," I said, putting up another spell.

When we were finished, Dawn called us over and showed us what she had done with it. It was very...colourful.

Yeah, when I say that I just mean pink. Dawn was obsessed with it.

The cabin was only big enough for four people, so the rest would have to sleep in a tent. I guess it was subconsciously agreed that Dawn, the twins and I would have it. Scar had chosen us to lead the others, so it was only fair. And our tent was perfectly fine anyway.

"So what do you think?" Dawn asked, fiddling with the case of a sleeping bag.

"Um...it's a bit pink..." I said.

"Yeah, too much for me. Call me back if you've got any green." Charlie said mimed throwing up as she left the room.

Dawn looked slightly hurt at our comments, as she'd clearly taken a long time decorating.