15

🍂

🍂

*゚*。⋆♡ོ*゚*。⋆♡ོ*゚*。⋆♡ོ*゚*。⋆♡ོ

Taehyung hides his tear stained face behind his large hands, shaking his head whenever Hoseok tries to get him to talk. It's only after several attempts of soothing the fairy that the witch finally gets him to stop crying, small hiccups emerging from him every few seconds.

"H-he's not coming back, Hoseok, I know it," Taehyung chokes out, his hiccups still present. He sniffles, rubbing his puffy eyes and looking away from Hoseok.

"What are you on about, Taehyung? Who's not coming back?" The witch places an arm around the fairy's shoulders, not really sure of how to offer comfort when he isn't even aware of the reason for Taehyung's tears.

"Jimin. Jimin's not coming back. He's forgotten us, Hoseok, he's lost interest in our world, he- he..." Taehyung trails off as his voice breaks while pronouncing the last words.

Hoseok, to say the least, is very taken aback. He was well aware that Jimin's current absence had had an effect on his soulmate, but not to this point. It was obvious to anyone who had eyes that Taehyung felt half empty without Jimin around.

"Why would you say that? You know it's not true. Jimin wouldn't leave us, he loves us, he's our family." And Hoseok just hates how his statement isn't only to reassure Taehyung, but himself as well. He hates that he even doubts the possibility of Jimin ever coming back home. Jimin wouldn't do that to them, he thinks to himself.

And yet, it seems so probable that one day, Jimin might just leave a letter saying goodbye.

"W-well, at first I thought he would've already forgotten about that human by the end of a month or two, but now... You've seen him, Hobi, you've seen how his eyes light up at the mention of his name or at the mere thought of going back to that place." He spits out bitterly.

Finally, he looks up at Hoseok and meets his eyes. "You and I both know Jimin can't live in both worlds, he can't have everything he wants, no matter how big of a tantrum he throws to get it. Eventually, he'll have to choose." He stands up and walks over to the door in Hoseok's cozy little hut.

"Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he left us, but I mustn't need to tell you that the thought of losing Jimin is too much for me to bear. You already knew that, Hoseok, didn't you?" He turns back momentarily to look back at Hoseok, not even bothering to mask his expression. He looks like a lost puppy.