5.Human nor Werewolf.

Elena.

I woke up with a banging headache and as I looked around, I was in a room with the only source of light being the one dangling above my head and it was a very dim one.

It made me anxious and terrified, I felt nauseous immediately. Being the daughter of a man like Bruno Amato, I had been in this sort of position not once nor twice, both by the people that were supposed to protect me and the monsters I had known.

After the mixture of harshness and passionate bullshit that happened yesterday, I knew I had to be scared for my life.

I tried to get up but then realized that I was been held back by something. My right wrist had been held back by a cuff. I had been cuffed to a pole right beside the chair I was on.

I didn't know when I started to cry as soon as I realized that I had just gotten myself into a trouble that seemed like it would cost me my life. This man seemed even more dangerous, an alpha, one whose aura screamed power and cruelty.

When footsteps started to approach the room I was in, I quickly dried my eyes. The door creaked open, making a whole bunch of light fill the room, my eyes struggled to come to terms with the sudden exposure as I squinted.

Once my eyes got adjusted to the bright light, I opened my eyes fully to look at who had come in.

It was him.

The man whose name I was yet to know and still managed to scare me. He was still naked at the upper part of his body and somehow, I was convinced that this man keeps trying to show off. Not that I was complaining though, I found myself looking at his biceps and the tattoos that adorned them like art.

If he weren't so scary, maybe I would have wished to run my hands through them, but if I wish that right now, it means I'm really in for my own death sentence.

And maybe I really am in for my own death sentence, suicide even.

This man had made me feel like he was different when he moved close to me and teased me so much the way he had done the the previous day or today, I wouldn't know in the dark place I was in.

Is it a day already? Or two days? Maybe I've even used a week?

Well, that wouldn't be realistic though, since I haven't eaten anything since I escaped Salvatore's clutches. My stomach grumbled, as if in agreement to what I had been thinking and it was a very loud one.

And as if in sync with me, the man snapped his fingers and an elderly woman, who looked like she was in her fifties walked into the room so casually and placed a tray of food on the floor and as soon as she did, she left. I was immediately impressed, whoever this man was, he had the courtesy to at least feed his captives such good food, my father and Salvatore would never. They feed their captives like they are rats.

Well, unless... unless it's been poisoned. Unless I'm to die by poisoning? I would put it past him.

Even though he made me somehow feel safe in a way I can't pinpoint, I know how men like him should never be trusted.

Or maybe I just feel safe with him because I've been through the worst already. Maybe I'm hallucinating even.

I looked at the food on the floor and then back at him, I repeated this action for over three times and he stared at me with an expression that looked like amusement, he finally broke the awkward silence after been in here for a while now, "why were you crying?"

Uh? Was he really asking me that? This man had me locked up in here and has the audacity to ask why I was crying? I don't know? Was I supposed to be laughing at been practically tied to a freaking pole, in a scary dark room? Is he daft? Handsome men tend to be slow sometimes.

"You're cussing me out, aren't you?" He suddenly said then chuckled and my eyes widened. If he can read minds or some shit, I'm dead! Literally dead!

"What... uh... no?" I stuttered.

"Well... you still haven't answered my question.... why were you crying?" He asked again.

"Uhm... I want to leave? I don't want to die even though I have nothing to live for, will you please, let me go?" I asked politely, testing my luck.

Well, if I ever have one.

He simply bursted out laughing, I watched as he even tilted his head backwards while holding his stomach like he had just heard the greatest comedian crack a joke, "you're not going anywhere? Nobody comes into my home like that and leaves. Well, they do leave, but it's either as a friend or as a dead body. And you are no friend, so connect the dots?"

My heart started to thump, "I'm going to die? Even... even when I told you the truth?"

"Your truth is a lie, darling. There's no Elena Bianchi anywhere, do you think I won't make my findings? Are you a ghost? Why aren't you in the country's database?" He said, his voice stern and his ability to switch tones and mood in seconds was absolutely scary and at the same mesmerizing.

Why did I think he wasn't going to find out, a man of his caliber and obvious connections was easily going to be able to find things out so easily, but I knew I had to stand my ground as it would mean a fifty fifty chance for me at least, but saying the truth and the real last name, that might immediately get me killed or sent back to square one.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I... I am Elena Bianchi. It's possible to have my database erased since I was kidnapped for trafficking, isn't it?"

The man looked at me carefully, as if trying to check for clues or loopholes in what I had just said. He didn't respond to what I had asked but instead threw another question at me, "are you human or a werewolf? Or something else?" He asked in a very soft tone.

"Uh... I don't know. Both? Or maybe none? I don't know either, but I'm sure I'm more of a human, you should be able to tell me?" I threw back and his eyes turned dark, "I can't see anything about you! You do not smell like a werewolf nor a human either, what the fuck are you?" He snapped as he held my head up roughly.

"Nothing... nothing. I've never shifted, don't know my parents either so my questions are unanswered. I swear, I do not know either, I promise." I rushed out frantically.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" He suddenly asked, with my head still forcefully held up and him staring right at me like he was looking into my soul.

"N...n... no, I don't." I stuttered.

He immediately dropped his hands off my chin before speaking, "Oh, let me introduce myself to you then. I'm Deangelo, Deangelo Ferrari."

Blood seemed to drain off my body as I stared at the man before me in utmost shock and added fear.

"Does the name ring a bell?"