2

violets pov

The night flashed before my eyes and before I knew it, the morning sunrise was amongst the horizon.  "Want to go get some breakfast?" Michelle walks into my room with a coffee mug in her hand. 

"Did I go to sleep last night? I could've sworn-" I go to say but she cuts me off abruptly. 

"Chill. You're probably just tired. We got home late last night." She laughs while handing me my coffee.  I shrug my shoulders and stand up out of my bed. 

I picked up my phone and noticed that Gus had messaged me. 

Gus: Breakfast maybe?

Me: Sure. Meet at the coffee shop in front of the bookstore. 

"Hey, sorry. Change in plans. I'm going to go meet Gus for breakfast." I tell Michelle while throwing on a hoodie.  "But we always go get breakfast together!" Michelle complains. "We do?" I raise an eyebrow at her. 

She rolls her eyes at my confusion before walking out of my room. 

"I'm leaving for my business trip, I'll see you in a few weeks. Give me a hug!" My mom busts into my room. "What business trip?" I question her. Since yesterday morning, I've been feeling clueless about a few things and I couldn't figure out why.

"We've talked about this already...are you okay with me going? I figured that Michelle could stay with you while I'm gone." My mom walks up to me. 

 "Um..yeah, sure that's fine." I offer her smile and a hug. 

After my mom left, I grabbed my purse and slid on my shoes to go meet Gus. I walked down the sidewalk and all the way to the coffee shop. When I got there, Gus was already sitting down at a table with a rose in his hand. 

"Hey." I approached the table and sat down in front of him. "Hey." He smiled. We sat in awkward silence before he hands me the rose. "This for me?" I raise an eyebrow. "That's why I gave it to you..." He chuckles. 

Our breakfast date went by quick- it was over in an instant. "Hey, maybe we can go on a real date some time?" Gus and I stand outside on the sidewalk. The roads were busy this time during the day and it was a bit hard to hear him through all the cars riding by. 

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." I lean in, turning my head so he could repeat it. He leans in closer, inches away from my ear and asks again, "Date, will you go on a real date with me?" I could hear the grin in his voice. 

I look at him and nod my head with a hint of excitement. "Actually, my mom just left to go out of town for a few weeks, you can come by and hang out for a bit if you want." I shrug my shoulders.

"I'd love too." He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers together as we walk all the way back to the apartment. 

"Your friend here?" He asks as we walk in through the door. "I dont know where she is. She left before I did." I shrug my shoulders while setting my purse down on the table and my shoes by the door.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" I ask him. He looks at me and nods his head while looking around the living room at the family photos that I never recognized before. I walk up to him and grab a picture frame from above the fireplace. It was a picture of my mom, my dad, and I. It was a picture of us in front of a Disney World sign. 

"Your family seems cool." Gus looks at me and smiles. "We're alright i guess. Just like any other family." I shrug my shoulders. "Not like mine. I haven't seen my mom in a few months. She's back in California. Haven't made time to go see her yet." He purses his lips before setting one of the other pictures back down.