The Intensity of Our Love!

Khushi POV

"KHUSHI.....KHUSHI.....this girl is always lost in her own world. Sankadevi I hope your engagement ring is safely tucked in your ring finger. Do you know how worried Shyam Babua was throughout the day, you always do something or the other that irks people. Now let me go and inform him. You are about to get married but look at you..."

Buajis continuous taunts slowly faded away. And my mind drifted to what happened a while ago. With slow steps to my room I recalled all that was exchanged between Arnavji and Me.

WHY WAS HE SO ANGRY???

DID HE NOT HIMSELF SAY THAT WE SHARE NOTHING??

ON DIWALI NIGHT HE SHATTERED MY HEART INTO MILLIONS OF PIECES....

NOW WHAT MORE DOES HE WANT?!?!?!?????!!!!!!

Thats it...thats it. NO MORE. I wont tolerate him any longer now. I allowed him to manhandled me...I allowed him to break my heart. My innocence and naiveness is the reason for all this mess in my life. From now on I wont even give a second glance to this man. This Khushi Kumari Gupta has tolerated enough Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. You can go to hell now. Get engaged and married to whoever you want. I am a woman. A strong woman. Another form of Devi Maiyya. Dont underestimate me.

Wiping away the last of my tears I shut the door of my room and with heavy steps I ended up in sitting on my bed. Its time. Time to say a final goodbye to all of my memories with a certain Raizada. With a new determination I closed my eyes. And then my mind took me back to the moment where I crossed paths with my first and last love. Arnavji.

Sensing a comforting hand on my shoulder I felt relief pouring inside me. Atleast I am not alone. The support of Jeeji will always be there for me.

"Are you alright Khushi? I know that your engagement happened in the blink of an eye. You were forced by Buaji and Amma to make this hasty decision. Your dreams and hopes regarding your life partner...all disappeared due to our circumstances. However, you are not alone Khushi. You will always find me standing beside you as your strength. If you feel that this relationship with Shyamji will only be a compromise on your part then please dont go ahead with it. Dont ruin your fairytale like this. Nothing is more important than your happiness Khushi Kumari Gupta."

Jeejis words swirled around me. She was clearly stating that she will stand by me no matter what. I only nodded not wanting to break my mind off from Arnavjis memories.

She understood my need for isolation and simply left me to my own thoughts.

And I recalled each and every moment of ours. The times when he held me....when he saved me....when he held his hand out for me....and in a heartbeat my mind switched to the point when he manhandled me....when he lashed out at me....when he made me realise our class differences....when he broke my heart without an hesitation...DONT KHUSHI...JUST DONT.

"Khushi I, Amma and Buaji are going to the temple for Jagran. We will be staying there overnight. Shyamji informed Buaji that he is leaving the town two days. And Babuji is sleeping in his room. I would have taken you as well but Babuji will be totally alone if all of us will leave. You stay here alright."
My eyes still remained shut. I acknowledged her with another nod. Without another word Jeeji left me to myself.

I finally opened my eyes. And then thought of the only thing that would help me break away from him completely. This is it Khushi. Find that last piece of reminder and get rid of it. Determined to forget Arnav Singh Raizada I dashed towards the kitchen to get a matchbox and in seconds I returned to my room and opened my almirah only to pull out the plastic bag that I had pushed back a few days ago. Slowly I took out the red saree that was the culprit of this entire fiasco.