The snow

The snow fell heavily over the northern countryside as the last of the birds twittered in the bare trees before flying to the last glimps of sun before an eternal winter. The wind whistles gently through the trees whispering as it went taking along any remaining leaves that hadn't been buried by a thick crystallised layer of frost. Snowmen stood carelessly as small children played in the fields dogging the odd ice bullets thrown cheekily in a desperate attempt to win the game. The trees gently bent in the wind swaying back and forth shaking off the layers of freshly fallen snow.The village remained in the background almost out of view as all signs were buried under the snow, lanterns flickered gently as the flames danced before being put out as the wind ran past blowing out the dancer .

Emerging slowly from the trees stood a man, a well dressed man no doubt as his freshly pressed suit said it all , the cold didn't seem to bother him as he began to glide across the icy field. His face was nearly as pale as the snow but his eyes drew me to him. You could get lost in his sea blue eyes which glittered slightly with the snow and a jawline sharp enough to cut someone who dare touch it, the rest of his facial features didn't stand out but still I remained hypnotised by him. Gliding across the snow he came closer. Closer and closer.