Chapter 1

Park

Red hair. A big curly mop of red hair. It wasn't even like cute little girl curls. It was just frizz. It took me a while to look down from the mess of the hair. A girl. A pale girl with freckles. With big brown eyes. I looked down from her face and looked at the rest of her. Fat. I know that's a bit harsh but it was true. And then I saw her clothes... Her clothes were ridiculous.

I looked away.

When I looked back, she was about to sit down.

"You can't sit there." Tina said meanly. The girl looked at her. "That's Mikayla's seat."

"Well I have to sit somewhere," the new girl said strongly, fearlessly.

"Sit down girl!" The bus driver yelled.

She turns around, she is nearing my seat.

"Is this spot taken?" She asks me.

I don't know what to say. I can't be seen with her. It's bad enough she's talking to me now.

"Umm... no. I mean yes, that seat is taken, sorry." I can't meet her eyes.

She walks off.

I see her sit next to a kid at the front of the bus. He sighs. I look away, out the window and sigh.

That couldn't have gotten any worse.

Eleanor

Stupid Asian kid. He wouldn't even look me in the eye when he said I couldn't sit next to him. I turn around and see that he is looking out the window. I take the opportunity to study him. He is in all black. If I wore all black, my mum would say it looked like I was going to a funeral. That was when she still cared about what I wore.

He had pitch black hair and dark skin.

I turned back around.

The guy next to me was texting someone on his phone. I looked at him. He had blonde hair and pale skin. He was wearing a white shirt that had a picture of headphones on it. He saw me staring and turned around abruptly in his seat towards the window.

Well he's nice... I thought sarcastically.

I turned back around. The Asian kid was looking at me now. I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

Stupid Asian kid.

Park

The bus finally arrived at the school and I rushed off the bus and to my locker.

The new girls locker is near mine, across the hall.

I see her struggle with her lock and feel the strange urge to help. I feel like I owe her after rejecting her on the bus. I look for a bit longer when she finally got it and grabbed her books, locked her locker and walked off quicker than she should've.

What is with her?