Little Boy

Daniel Howell used to be pampered, loved and cherished by everyone around him when suddenly his life take for the worse turns. He could never fathom whatever happened to him as soon as his beloved family left him alone in the outskirts of the town because they said Dan is cursed and they could not take any more damage into their lives.

----------------------------

Will the rain ever stop pouring down on the glorious land of England? The humidity of the climate and the sharp cold feeling that could seep into human's body had managed to make every people in England to stay indoors; to not bother with the business outside. It is truly unfortunate for the homeless for not being able to enjoy this pleasure. One of them is a boy; too small to already claim the title of the ones without a place to go back to. The small lithe body of a little boy named Daniel struggles to stay on his feet to find shelter from the rain.

Most people chased him away when he tried to rest in front of shops. He told himself that he should not have lived in this world. The world despised him so much it hurts. So much that his existence is not something so profoundly adored anymore. His breathing is rugged, he felt lightheaded, his stomach growling, his body hurting.

Daniel Howell gave up on living as he witnesses his body reaching its limit as he fell face first into the muddy patch in front of him. The way his cheek grazed the mud felt gross yet he does not get up. The rain kept falling down; hitting the small, limp figure. He never imagined that kind of ending, not even once.

------------------------------------------

He feels the sensation of a soft, fluffy pillow grazing his cheeks. Filled with hesitation due to his beliefs that he is definitely in another world, he slowly opens his eyes to see an unoccupied hospital bed. He looks around as his body felt lighter than before. There he is in a hospital ward, dressed in a large sized shirt for patients or rather he is too thin and slender which makes the attire seems too loose to be worn. He noticed a wall clock near the entrance to the room. 3:00 P.M. He could hear fast footsteps getting closer and closer until there is a man which he can immediately assume as a doctor based on his looks. He brings a file with him; smiling at Dan "It has been three days since you come. It seems like you look a lot better now"

I smiled and not knowing how to say. I tried to mutter the words but there are so many questions I want answers that very instant.

"Someone found you on the streets and brought you here. So I have been managing and looking after you here for two days now."

"May I have your name?" said the said doctor while he checks my heart rate using his equipment"

"Daniel Howell"

"That is a lovely name" The doctor smiled again. Daniel noticed the colour of his eyes, blue. His sudden curiosity hits when he wonders how could someone smile all the time? Probably it is because of his work to serve people forces him to prioritise the proper standards regardless of his true feelings inside.

His days in the hospital are filled with scheduled check ups by the same doctor and watching the nurses working around the place,some serves food and the other helps patients to deal with hygiene and medicine intake. 

On his third day there, there was an unexpected visitor coming to him. Daniel does not know the man at all but they had a nice long talk. The man introduced himself as Philip, but people only call him as Phil. Apparently Philip is a film director.

"Do you own a house, Daniel?" Phil asked him

"I don't" Daniel lowered his head when those terrible memories of being disowned came flooding inside him.