CHAPTER 15

The next day:

(Arjun's POV)

I didn't sleep the whole night. After locking the thieves in the guest room and after ensuring that Miss Kind went to sleep I went to meet the soldiers and here I am the next day 3:00 in the morning in front of Dharani's room. I knocked on her door and she opened it immediately. Oh, she was prepared to meet the dogs. I thought she wouldn't be.

"You didn't sleep last night?" she asked as soon as she noticed my red eyes.

 "I was training the soldiers all night, as a punishment for negligence," I replied. She was shocked.

"Were you an ex-employee of hell who was sent down to earth because you work more than required?" she asked staring at me, "Why would you punish all the trainees just because of a few who accidentally slept on duty?"

"They weren't sleeping. They were partying," I replied, "All of them were partying together and if they are really not willing to sleep, they better do something productive."

"For god sake, Arjun they are still sixteen," Dharani said rubbing her hand on her forehead.

"That's exactly my point. They are 16. They are not kids." Dharani was pissed. 

"How the hell are they going to be active in today's training if they've been trained all night? I am sure that great Arjun would not want to cancel another day of training," she said.

"Staying with you, Dharani," I replied, "I was forced to be kind. It's 3:00 now and they have till 5:00 to do whatever they want to."

Dharani shook her head. "I give up. Let's just go meet the dogs. Your training stories are scarier than the dogs could ever be."

"As you say," I said as stepped aside and let her go.

(In a new area designated for this dog meeting program)

"Oh my god!" Dharani exclaimed the moment she saw the dogs. I was expecting this and honestly, I didn't want to do this but I had to.

"Why are there five dogs?" she exclaimed again, "Is this what you call step by step. The first step is on land and the second step is on the moon."

"Should have thought about it before trying to help the thieves, my dear friend. Face the consequences now."

"No wonder the hell authorities sent you down. You would have been a nightmare even for your co-workers," she said still staring at the dogs.

"Thanks for the compliment. Let's go," I said as I held her hand and took her to the dogs. She didn't resist. We went near the dogs. The dogs were all tied. They got excited when we got nearer and Dharani held my hand tighter. We spent around 30 minutes near the dog before returning back and I gave her a rose plant as usual.

She whispered a thank you and placed the rose plant beside the one that I had previously given her. I was kind of inspired by the fact that she had carefully bought the first rose plant all the way to Minjan and that she is putting genuine efforts to overcome her fear.

"We still have around 75 minutes left. You better sleep now," she said as I turned to leave.

"I wanted to ensure that everything is ready for the training," I said calmly.

"I can do that," she said, "just go sleep."

"What if I was late for the training?"

"That's not possible. In the rarest case that it is, I'll come to wake you up 15 minutes before the training," she said.

I whispered a thank you and went to have a nap. She was right as much as I wanted to hide I am tired. The wedding, the journey, the thieves, and the night training, everything sucked the soul out of me. I desperately needed rest.

Dharani's POV:

As Arjun left my friend (assistant) Priya came from her tent. She usually doesn't wake up this early, so I was surprised.

"Prince Arjun is really romantic," she said clasping her hands.

"Excuse me? What exactly is romantic about him though?" I questioned.

"What exactly is not romantic Dharani," he smiled, "Looks like he gives you rose plants every morning."

"Yeah but he has a reason for it," I said trying to explain.

"I know the reason. He loves you," she said not giving a damn about my expressions. "Then there is my husband. He doesn't even give me a rose. You make a lovely pair."

You better be happy he doesn't. I lost the mood to explain to her what was going on.

"Yeah right," I said as I left the place. We do make a lovely pair except for the fact that we love to hate each other.

(Hey guys, so I decided to publish it today itself cause I have work tomorrow and I won't be able to write. Thank you so much for making it till here and please forgive me for not posting any picture. It's almost 11:30 now here in Singapore and I am really sleepy. I have work early in the morning tomorrow, so please don't mind any grammer errors as well. Thank you. Love you all)

Edit: Next chapter will be published on 13 November 2018. Stay tuned!