Chapter 1

She continued to travel through the region, the region so new to her. She was one of the many people that were summoned there. However, that many was nowhere near as big as the Earth's population. She was eager to uncover the secrets this new region had to offer. Every region seemed to have its own secrets. Discovering them was one of her favourite hobbies. She didn't waste anytime notifying the Pokémon League that she wished to explore. Of course, they agreed to her request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cicle Icefield...

She was now in an icefield. Snow continued to fall around her. She could barely see with the amount that was falling. However, what if this was one of the secrets she had been thinking about? What if something was causing this amount of snow to fall? Groudon could make the sun shine longer. Kyogre could make it rain. Rayquaza could cancel out all weather conditions. Maybe something was causing this particular weather. She was anxious to find out what it was, if something was causing it that is. It could have just been the way this part of the region was. But the way a region is can be a secret within itself. This made her even more eager to discover the secrets she had hoped to uncover.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lake...

She then came across a frozen lake. As soon as she did, the snow had stopped falling. Whether it was a coincidence or not, she didn't know. She just added the question to her list. Suddenly, a spherical attack was sent flying towards her. She watched it fly past her. Before looking back in the direction it came from, she noticed it resembled an Aura Sphere. She was surprised at what she saw. She saw what looked like a Pokémon fighting... a human? They looked like they were locked in combat. The Aura Sphere must have been used to test the human's reflexes. She recognised the Pokémon, being one she had. It was a Lucario. She then looked at the human the Lucario was facing. In an instant she recognised him. It was a trainer, a trainer she had faced before. Even though she was looking at the back of him, she knew it was him. The blue jacket and the purple hair told her it was definitely him. It was...

Cynthia: Paul?

The trainer responded by slowly turning his head towards her. He revealed to her a rather surprised expression, as if he hadn't expected to see her there.

Paul: You're...

He then realised who he was looking at really was the person who the voice that called him belong to. He then took out his Pokéball.

Paul: Lucario return.

Lucario nodded as he was returned to his Pokéball. After that, he turned to her. She smiled at him. She could tell he recognised her. Deep down, she was just as surprised to come across him as he was to see her. She walked towards him. He stood firmly as she approached him.

Cynthia: It's been a while, Paul.

Paul: Yes, it has, Champion.

Cynthia: Champion? I know you're only being respectful, but can you please call me by my name?

He stared at her.

Cynthia: You haven't forgotten it, have you? It's Cynthia.

Paul: No, I haven't forgotten.

Cynthia: That's good. I hope I wasn't interrupting what you were doing.

Paul: What makes you think you were?

Cynthia: Well, you returned your Lucario back to its Pokéball right after you saw me, so I assumed it was because of me you stopped what you were doing.