Chapter 5

Miroslav waited outside the school, checking his phone as he waited. He looked up again as the school crowd started to come out. He was talking with that red head girl Amy. They parted ways though, and Nico came over to the car.

"Where's Mac today?" he asked.

"Mac had something come up, so I'm here. Do you need me to figure out some tutoring for you today instead?" Miroslav asked as he started the car.

"Nah. I'll call Amy when I get home and go over there," Nico said as he strapped himself in.

Miroslav nodded slightly. "And how will that go?"

Nico paused. "I already talked to her about that. I brought it up that I wasn't interested in girls, so..."

"Surprised that came up so quickly," Miroslav remarked. "Good you got it out of the way."

"Yakov knows about it, doesn't he? I mean it's kind of obvious that I..." Nico fidgeted. "He's okay with it, right? I realized I don't really know."

"It might not be that obvious to him. What you were doing before, that was one thing. For all he knows you might still like girls, and I've never said anything to him. I think he's grateful enough to have you that he would love you regardless," Miroslav answered.

Nico let out a long sigh. "But I thought gang bosses or whatever would be really... closed minded."

"He sees himself as a father now before anything else. If he does have any issues I think he would try his hardest to overcome it because its you," Miroslav consoled.

Nico slumped down in the car seat anyways, falling silent until they got home. "When are you going to Amy's?" Miroslav questioned, following Nico up into the house.

"Soon, probably. But do you have Mac's number in case I need to ask him anything?" Nico asked.

Miroslav frowned slightly. "I thought you were going to Amy's for that?"

"Amy's not a teacher, she's just a better student. She won't know it all," Nico laughed. "But hold on I want to change out of my uniform before I go."

Nico dashed upstairs, and Miroslav lingered by the door. He called one of the security over and told them to get another car to drive Nico. Nico came back in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with his backpack over one shoulder. "Hey, Mimi. Ready?"

Miroslav gave the security look that the name 'Mimi' was not to be repeated. "Adrik will be taking you."

Nico gave Adrik a good frown. "I have to get back to work," Miroslav explained. "Adrik will take you to Amy's."

"Yeah, fine," Nico muttered.

"Go wait by the car," Miroslav sighed at Adrik. Adrik slipped away from the door and outside. Miroslav pulled Nico in by the back of his neck. "Do you have problems with Adrik?"

"No," Nico grumbled. "Nothing wrong with him."

"We want you kept safe. To do that, it's better to have security. Understand?" Miroslav stressed. "I know its not fun to have someone following you around. But it's needed. Now go to Amy's and get your schoolwork done. You have a whole week of it ahead of you, so don't fall behind. Happy Monday."

"Hate Mondays," Nico complained as Miroslav walked him out to the car.

Miroslav went back to work after a stern word with Adrik to keep close to Nico. Miroslav had a feeling Nico would be causing issues with security.

Nico kept his arms crossed over his chest the whole three minute ride over to Amy's. It would have taken him less than ten minutes to walk, but whatever. He didn't really like the idea of having to wait around for someone to fetch a car, or however it worked.