17. end of year one

     BLINDING LIGHTS GREETED HARPER WHEN she opened her eyes again

BLINDING LIGHTS GREETED HARPER WHEN she opened her eyes again. Blinking a couple of times, the red head realised she was laying on a bed in the hospital wing. She pushed herself up and saw Madam Pomfrey hurrying out of her office towards her.

"You're awake, good," she said, placing a hand against my forehead. "How are you feeling."

"Okay," Harper said, rubbing her eyes. "How king was I gone?"

"A couple of days."

Harper blinked and looked around the hospital wing, relieved to see she was the only one. It meant her friends were safe.

"How are the others?" she questioned the matron. "How's Harry and Ron?"

"They're fine," Madam Pomfrey assured her. "Your brother was able to leave yesterday."

Harper nodded, suddenly feeling tired again. Madam Pomfrey pulled the covers of her bed higher up.

"Sleep now, you can see your brother at the feast."

Harper nodded again, too tired to argue, and closed her eyes. Not much later, she was already asleep.

• ✧ •

     "COME ON," HARPER MUTTERED, AS SHE tried to adjust her tie. She had just gotten discharged from the hospital wing and was getting dressed in her school robes as everyone else was already in the Great Hall for the end of year feast. Going with her hand through her hair, Harper decided she looked decent enough before sprinting towards the Great Hall.

Opening the door, she slipped inside and made her way to the Gryffindor table where Harry, Hermione and Ron were eating.

Hermione was the first to notice the redhead and she squealed while getting up. "Harper!"

Harper grinned and ran towards her. "Hermione!"

They smashed into each other halfway. Hermione hugged Harper tightly. "You're okay!"

Harper smiled. "I am."

A second and third pair of arms hugged her and she could recognize the red and black hair from Ron and Harry. Harper let them go and realized that everyone was looking at them.