Comatose

I was sitting in English class. English 1. It was very boring, and I tried my best not to fall asleep, which happened multiple occasions. As I was dozing off, I heard the door creak open. Barely awake, I turned my head just slightly, and felt my heart race.
I found out later that her name was Raihana. From what I heard, she had moved from Malaysia for a better education. Her skin was tan, but I could tell it was mostly dark from the sun. She had very dark brown eyes, which matched her brown hair perfectly. She was wearing a rock band shirt with fitted fishnet sleeves underneath. Paired with her top was a pair of dark blue skinny jeans that had rips just above the knees. Her converse were black, of course, but her smile was an opposition to what she wore.
As the teacher introduced her, I saw the young girl's eyes scan the room for a familiar face, despite the fact she knew she would not see one. When the teacher finished, the transfer fixated her eyes on a seat next to a girl with curly blonde hair. They exchanged eye contact, and the blonde-haired girl moved her own seat to the right, gesturing for the new girl to sit next to her. The transfer student started to walk towards the empty seat, and promptly sat down.
After the seating was decided, most students started back on their work, or went back to reading Romeo and Juliet. (If you didn't know, the students were supposed to read Romeo and Juliet over summer.)
Since I was done with our classwork, I decided to doodle a bit. I felt bad for the new girl; Highschoolers can be ruthless. However, when I turned to look at her, she wasn't looking around aimlessly. Instead, she was doodling as well. Curious, I dropped my pencil, and let it roll towards the chair the new girl was sitting in. As the pencil hit her foot, I bent over to pick it up. While bending over, I looked at the paper with her drawings. It was not really a doodle, but a sketch. The details were prominent; The drawing was of a young woman. She had thick, wavy hair, which fell flat at her shoulders. Her long eyelashes showed her feminine side, paired with her full lips. The girl was wearing some kind of a flower crop top.

    "It's my sister," the transfer student said

"It's my sister," the transfer student said. She didn't even have to look at me to know I was staring at her drawing.
    "...Oh. Well, it's- I mean a beautiful drawing...girl?"
    The girl chuckled at my response, and I felt my face flush. I smiled back, father awkwardly, and grabbed the pencil from the floor.
    "M-My name's Jonas." I reached out my hand, expecting her to shake it. But all she did was smile, and say, "My name's Raihana."
    Raihana. A unique name. I liked it. I put my hand back down, and tried to stuff it into my pocket. After a minute of failing to do so, I finally admitted defeat, and put my hands to my sides stiffly.
    The girl nodded, and I shuffled back to my seat. For the rest of the class, I smiled to myself as I thought of her drawing.

                                                                            🌺                 🌺              🌺

    At the end of class, I saw her walking towards me to wake me up from my daydream. After I stood up, she quietly walked away, and after gathering my stuff, I proceeded to walk to my next class. As the day went on, it turned out I only had that one class with her.
    The school day finally ended, and it turns out Raihana had the same walking route as me.
    Nervously, I asked, "Hey, uh...Can I walk with you?"
    She politely smiled, and responded with, "Sure." As we were silently walking home, a white car pulled up next to us. When the black tinted window rolled down, we saw the blonde-haired girl in the driver's seat.
    "Hey, Raihana, need a ride?"
    Raihana turned her head, and I saw her eyes light up.
    "Yeah, sure, that would be nice," she said quietly.
    Raihana turned to look at me, and I gave her a reassuring nod. As I was walking, alone now, I thought to myself, "Why would she even care about me being lonely? And did that girl really have to get Raihana? She CLEARLY saw us walking together. What a-." I stopped at the front door of my house. The sun was already starting to set- That was my fault. I grabbed some snacks to eat in case I got hungry after I smoked a blunt. Usually with my friend Andrew since my parents weren't usually home. While we were smoking, I told him about the girl. He just kept responding with shrugs, nods, and "Mhm's." I had no other family besides Andrew. My parents neglected me, and I had no other siblings. I didn't know why Andrew was acting weird; He usually talks a lot. For some reason, today was different. He asked to spend the night, like usual, and we stayed up, talking, until 2am on a Thursday night.

                                                                         🌺               🌺                 🌺

    When Andrew left, I couldn't help but think of Raihana and the way she didn't even hesitate to get in that model's car. It seemed like they had already become close friends. I knew I shouldn't have been, but I felt a pang of jealousy course through me as I thought of them being together.
    As I was doing my Spanish homework, I got a phone call from a random number.
    "Hello?" I asked, half-expecting a response. A feminine voice came from the receiver.
    "Hey, uh...is this Jonas?" I couldn't recognize the voice, but I was sure I had heard it somewhere before.
    "Yeah, that's me. How'd you get my number? And who is this?" A telemarketer wouldn't know my name, so I really wasn't sure.
    "It's Raihana. English class, remember? I was just calling to ask if we had any homework or a book to read, since I saw Angelika reading Romeo and Juliet."
    "Huh? Oh, yeah, but Romeo and Juliet was summer homework. A lot of kids just didn't do it. You can get a copy at the local library, though. And who is Angelika? Do I know her?"
    A pause.
    "Angelika was the one who picked me up. White car. She sits next to me in English. And just between you and m-Oh, shoot, I gotta go. Thanks for the information." With that, she hung up.
    I stared at my phone screen just a little longer, thinking about Angelika.

A/N: Howdy! Hope you enjoyed this first chapter ^^ This story is a collaboration between Alex and I! Some parts will be written by Alex, some parts by me. Updates should be out every Friday! If you enjoyed this chapter, give it a star!

🌺Heleena's (my) Instagram: @/pastellalolita
🌺Alex's Instagram: @/wippdgroupie

follow us we need clout lol