Ocean's Blues

I remember when I was free. 

How can I not? It was the best time of my life. I would go alone or with others like me and travel the world. I was alive.

All I could see around was this one color. It's the same one when you see nothing, but also everything. When you think you are in a happy place, that's the color that it will appear in your mind. When you think of infinity, of happiness. It will come to you in a dream. The color of nothing, the color of everything. The color of my home. 

My family's home. Or the bits and pieces I try to remember. The place I felt safe. Not just the place, but also the others that made me feel happiness and love, so much love!

It so different now, so colored. But these pretty colors are death. 

I see that now. All my friends were leaving me one by one. Forever. Only because of the colors. And it was never their choice.

I can hear the noises of the little ones somewhere in the back of my mind. It makes me want to cry. I used to be little one once upon a time. Careless, not aware of anything, but still noticing every little detail near me, like the color. Now I'm just someone who ate the wrong food.

It's blurry, the colors blend in front of me. 

Oh. I can see my color again, taking dominance. Becoming main. It fills my heart and soul. It's a different shade, but I don't mind. It's getting darker. And it won't let light pass through. 

Like those warm rays that guided our way through when we traveled. So many of us. I can still hear the noises. But they are getting more silent every passing moment. It is torture. 

What did I do to deserve this?

Why me? My mother, my father, my brothers my sisters. They can't answer me, they are all gone. Maybe that's why my color is darkening. My vision would not allow me to see clearly, because there is nothing and no one to see. Only my pain that guides me through the darkness.

Why me, I ask myself again?! But then, why everyone else? What us sea turtles ever did to the world to have this kind of end? 

It's getting darker, colder. It's getting... I see noth.................

Final thoughts of a dying sea turtle, with a little plastic bag in its system. Sea turtles mistake plastic bags for food and after consuming it blocks their system, which leads to their death.

One plastic bag it means nothing to us. But it means everything to them.

Recycle. Save the planet, it will save you back.