Part 5: A Place To Grow

The cold touch of gravel pushes against my cheek. He drags my face across the floor until I finally get a hand of his pistol. Unable to get him to stop I point the gun behind me and pull the trigger.

"AHHHH YOU DUMB...FUCK", he screams as he fall the the floor and my head is released. Blood drips down my neck as I shoot him in the head and continue on to find the rest.

Earlier
"Hey so...what would you do if I...like left", I ask him as he takes a minute to think.

"What the fuck are you doing? Why do you persist to care about him", I keep asking myself this and a million other questions regarding why I still seem to care for this unfeeling piece of shit. I get up as I've over gone my limit to deal with his constant bullshit once again.

"I...", he takes a few seconds, "we'll need to call over your brother out from the Ozarks", he responds.

"No. You don't need anyone, you don't need to have ya around all the time, please understand. One day we will have to go away but we aren't leaving you. I promise it's not leaving. We are just trying to get some space. After a certain age children are supposed to go away so they can grow by themselves for a while. But they come back!"

"Okay. It's okay I'll teach you how to grow without having to do that. You can grow with me, just pretend I'm not here."

"Okay."

I go up to my room tired and once again depressed at the cold hard truth of how my father's mind works. I open the light to my room and find a cracked window and blood splats on my floor and bed. It's them. It has to be.

A mixed sense of urgency and fear come to play in my mind as I make my way out of the house. I begin sprinting and a man in all black grabs my hand and pulls me backwards. I hit the ground and attempt to get up again, but he won't let go of me. I try to land a few shots on him but each one only angers him and fuels his rage.

"JACOB", I can hear my dad's screams escape the house as I get the shit beat out of me. With every few seconds I get a chance to look up through the windows of the house. With each look I can see a few men beating someone. I kick at the man's shin and he stands back for a second before brushing it off and running full speed at me. He takes out a small knife and charges at me with it. I dodge his strikes but he throws the knife aside and grabs my head.

The cold touch of gravel pushes against my cheek. He drags my face across the floor until I finally get a hand of his pistol. Unable to get him to stop I point the gun behind me and pull the trigger.

"AHHHH YOU DUMB...FUCK", he screams as he fall the the floor and my head is released. Blood drips down my neck as I shoot him in the head and continue on to find the rest.