Chapter 1

"Jae! Please look me in the eyes." I was stopped in the halls of my university to answer the question of someone I didn't know.
"What do you want?" I glared down at this girl.
She had bright pink lipstick and she's wearing the most flashy fashion in the world, a plane could see her from above..
"Please tell me it's not true. Are you truly." She paused for a dramatic affect, but it didn't work the way she wanted it too the was too much of a drama queen. "Dating Liam Jones."
I looked at her in the eyes and walked away. She took it as a yes.
My name is Jaeden Smith. A university student with no friends, because their too much work, and no plans for the future cause I don't care.
Recently however, I've become rather popular. I had received a Secret admirer message at my dorm to meet them at a cafe. I went anyway, out of curiosity and wanting to tell this person no, thinking it was some nerd in one of my classes who kept staring at my body, but no, it wasn't.
My stupid ass forgot the cafe was shut down years ago so I was really confused when I got there. I was about to leave when someone called me back.
"Well, I didn't think you would actually come."
This voice was deep, sexy, and commanding, like a voice that belonged to someone attractive. I turned around and I saw the most popular guy in my class—Liam Jones.
"So its you who asked me here. Why?" I asked
He rolled his eyes, pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He rested his back against the wall of the cafe and took a long drag.
"You're really an idiot Jae." He said
I stood next to him and took the cigarette from his hand and took a drag.
"But why me though. You literally have a wave of fangirls at your finger tips." I said
I would be lying if I said I didn't like Liam. But I would never admit it.
"I don't give 2 shits about them. Your the one I called out here." He said
I rolled my eyes "and If i say yes to you? Then what. Are we going to be those cheesy couples? Going on all these stupid dates, acting cute, living together adopting a puppy? Cause if that's what you expect from me, its a big fat no."
He laughed and looked at me "do I really look like I do that?"
"No not really."
"So thats a yes then?"
"No shit Sherlock."

Its been 2 weeks and people already know about it. I hate the attention. When the bell rang signaling class ended, I stepped my way past people, pushing them if I need too. I was going to my boyfriend.
I saw him at the end of the hall and he held an arm out for me. I reached him and he puled me out if the building away from the crowd if people who don't care about personal space or privacy.
"I fucking hate people." I said between gasps.
" I know right. Annoying." He said. He was still holding my hand and was guiding me off campus.
" so where are we going?" I asked
"You'll see" he responded. He was holding on to my hand expecting me to let go.
" you know, pulling me somewhere without my consent is bad. This technically rape." I said gently tugging me hand away.
He gripped my hand tighter somehow lacing his fingers in mine.
"I saved you from the crowd, this is me forcing a thank you out of you." He said.
"Well if your going to hold my hand you could at least slow down so I can walk next to you."
It looks like he was an abusive boyfriend forcing me to go out with him. He slowed his pace and we walked hand in hand off campus, pass the old cafe, into an alley way and into an old apartment. He pulled out a ring of keys from his pocket and let go of my hands.
"Wow we've been dating for 2 weeks and your already taking me home." I smirked at him.
He laughed "no its not that" he put the key in the lock and turned to me forcing me to the wall. The brought his lips close to my right ear.
"Though you would like that huh?" He whispered. I could hear the grin in his voice.
I pushed him off and felt my face burn up. "Shut up and open the door."
He did as he was told, pushing the door open and revealing a nice looking studio apartment. A pool table stood in the middle, a mini fridge plugged in the wall. Multiple TV's were strung on the wall, each one connected to a gaming system of some sort. Neon lights were on the wall making the room glow and turn into a warm bright neon pink and purple. The room smelt of weed and beer and to be honest, I liked it.
"Liam, your finally here." Someone said
I payed no mind and continued to observe the room around me.
"Hey Chris, sorry I'm late." Liam said heading towards the boy named Chris.
I think he spotted me, when he looked at me and whistled at me.
"Wow, you brought a prostitute?" He said
That snapped me out of my mesmerization and I lunged at him to attack him.
Liam caught me and held me back like I was a crazy dog, which was what I was going for.
Chris laughed as I squirmed in his arms.
"Wow, shes feisty, such a fighter. She a recruit?" He asked
Recruit? What does that mean?
"Ah no, she's not a recruit," He paused placing me down but holding me tightly to his side ",shes my girlfriend."
Chris's jaw dropped and I rolled my eyes at him. I looked at chris with his jaws dropped. His facial features were nice. A strong jawline, with green eyes that had a hint of brown. He had wide shoulders and looked physically fit, like he could punch someone.
"Liam, your being real right," he said looking at my boyfriend straight in the eyes "you know how risky it-"
"Yeah, yeah I know." Liam interrupts "she doesn't know."
He said that as sweat dripped down his forehead.
"Don't know what?" I asked in suspicion.
"Nothing Jae, lets play video games." He said.
"Depends on what kind of games we're going to play." I said crossing my arms.
"Well sweet heart, what kind if games do you play?" Chris asked putting a hand on my shoulder giving me a warm smile.
I didn't like first person shooter games, nor did I like games that needed missions to complete.
"Well fuck boy, how bout horror." I smiled.
Both boys raised and eye at me in surprise "what do you expect? Normal fames bore the hell out of me."
Liam laughed "alright then, I think we have The House downloaded."
We played for hours and more and more people entered the house. I payed them no mind until Liam called me over to the group.
The was a group of 6 men, including Chris and Liam.
"Who's the girl, Liam?" A short boy with wild red hair asked.
Liam came to my side and held me close.
"Guys, this is my girlfriend." He smiled
They all looked at me in shock.
One boy with blonde hair swept to the side with pounds of gel approached me with a smirk.
"How do we know she's not a prostitute?" He asked cupping my cheek in his hand.
"I'm not, if i was, his time would be up by now and I'd be asking for cash." I sad backing away.
They laughed "Jae, this is Corvus, blessed with the eyes for diamonds." Liam chuckled
Corvus stuck his hand out for me to shake and I hesitantly shook it.
The red haired boy walked up to me and shook my hand "hello, my name is Tommy!"
He shook my hand and I felt the calluses he had.
"Do you build stuff?" I asked
He laughed and nodded a yes "how did you know?"
"Tommy builds stuff, he also hooked up most of the TV's." Liam said
Liam then pointed at the 2 twin boys who haven't said a single word.
"And those to are William and Jamie. They do everything and sync and are really strong together."
As if it were rehearsed, both boys walked up to me and both shook my hand cupping it into a sandwich.
"Hello ma'am." They said together. The one on the left raised his hand "i am William" and the boy on the right followed pursuit "I am Jamie. Please try your best not to get us mixed up."
"Hello," i said waving "my name is Jaeden, or Jae."
The rest of the night was filled with beer, laughter and games and till midnight. Watching a horror movie on Liams lap and I kind of just fell asleep.

Once Jae closed her eyes, the snapped at the group to take notice. The all nodded and moved to the pool table. I left Jae on the couch and joined the rest if them.
"Alright lets get started." Chris began pulling something out of his pocket as he spoke.
"Mr.Liam here was spotted with a weakness." He said pulling out snap shots of Jae and I together, and a few feet behind us, a hooded figure followed close behind.
"What are we going to do?" The twins asked me in sync
I sighed and rubbed my head "Will and Jamie, for now, stick close to Jae in case someone tries to fuck her up. Tommy, build private devices that allow us to track and see what she can see. Corvus, find out who this is and destroy them. We need to do all of this without her knowing, if she gets into our  work, she's in danger and we're in danger."
The all nodded and got to work.
I went back to Jae and snuggled her in my chest and listened to her breathe. There was no way, I could let Jae into my life. I cannot be the cause to ruin hers.