•I - A Real Danger•

|•~•~•~•~•~•~•|

     People's opinions never really mattered to {Y/N}.

      All these people in the world, scrambling for attention, power and popularity... She was sick of hearing about it. She was especially sick of how people would talk behind her back about her doing such reckless things all the time. It wasn't for popularity... she was doing it because she was bored and wanted adventure.

    All these other kids in high school were getting together, working, traveling, et cetera, all things she just wasn't able to do at the moment. There were no friends for her to get with, no available job nearby that didn't interfere with her already-failing education, and no money she had to her name that she could blow on exploring the world.

     Thus... she explored what she had available, which was just about every abandoned place in Crossburg. Every kind of building from hospitals and traphouses where drug dealers did business, to churches and even an enormous asylum where satanic cultists sacrificed to their black gods.

     Some people may have called her stupid or even suicidal for risking herself exploring these dangerous places, especially on her own, but she simply did it because it was the only thing she found real joy in doing. Everything else in her life seemed dull and a waste of time, but the adventure exploring came with thrilled her. Besides, she had no one to take with her, no friends to her name, and even if she did, they would just slow her down. She didn't have to worry about anyone but herself.

     As previously implied, {Y/N} has never broken into an active company-owned building, only 'bandos' as she calls them.
But recently, a new place has caught her interest. A place whispered about in almost every conversation nowadays. A place where so many people have tried to explore before her.. and never came out.

     Some said it was severely haunted. In fact, a young couple had gone in just last summer to see if they could communicate with any spirits with a ouija board, but neither boys arrived home that night. It was all over the news. Not that {Y/N} watched the news, but she didn't have to. Every missing persons case that happened there was the talk of the town, every time despite the company constantly trying to cover up these mysterious murders.

     Most people just wanted to stay away, leave whatever demons that lay in wait there in peace in fear that if they disturbed the restless spirits that they might disappear off the face of the earth as well...

     ...and frankly, it's been sinking the business.

     Over the years, the owners of the property were gradually becoming more and more bankrupt and were forced to finally sell the place. They planned to do so in just two months from now, but... {Y/N} wanted to see the place before it closed.
     Usually, she wouldn't care whether or not a bando was furnished when she explored it, but one of the many theories about why people could have been going missing was because of the attractions that made the place so famous. Evidence had included a faint rotting stench just under a heavy scent of bleach and hydrogen peroxide, the occasional small splotches of brown stains on the walls and carpet, as well as the rare disturbing audio glitches from the robots that were occasionally caught on camera.

     She wanted to see the evidence for herself.

     Which is why she was standing before the dark building in the shadow of the moonlight cast by the tall sign looming over her. Her feet tingled with both anticipation and the sensation you get when you had just dropped from a high place - this high place being the chain link fence that surrounded the perimeter of the property to keep people like her out at night, even though her experienced and nimble hands and feet scaled it with ease.
If anything, the fence only increased her curiosity about what could be lurking inside those cold walls. After all, why would a friendly kids' place feel a need to protect nosy outsiders from coming in in the first place? If there wasn't a danger, then why care about prying eyes if they weren't going to steal or break anything?